Zero Punctuation: Batman Arkham Asylum

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
Sparcrypt said:
Pink_Pirate said:
a bit disappointing to be honest really... not much fun watching yahtzee review a good game. Now dont get me wrong, it was a good review, but you cannot honestly believe anybody watches ZP because they actually care what yahtzee thinks? It's all about the dick jokes, which this review was severely lacking. I'd no sooner buy a games based of a ZP review than i would based of an IGN review. For very different reasons of course, but yahtzee takes the piss out of games because its funny, and very often just for the sake of doing it. i expected more than a couple of complaints about absolutely inconsequential gameplay elements.

that said, I eagerly await the next one.
Not me... the reason I find his reviews so funny is that pretty much what he says is true.

Watching someone call something a heap of crap when it isn't is boring and needs no talent - there are plenty of people out there who do that and it gets old fast unless you have the mentality of a 12 year old.
fair enough, but i mostly just watch this for the dick jokes... im not saying he should bash it just for the sake of bashing it... just more dick jokes is all... i like dick jokes, they make me smile :)

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
oh good now i dont need to waste the $8 to rent the game, now i can just get it.

as an answer to the first credit ?: daytime? your f@#%ed

? #2: yes with stallone for batman

cyrad

Dec 24, 2008
I know this will make me look like a nerdy wimp but...

The part where batman swoops down onto a mother kitten made me both cry from laughter and cry from sadness.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
haha http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/Justen23/1155953298038xk1.png
this should totally go with this review

Demonraiser

Jul 8, 2009
red_dawn_97 said:
yahtzee is a genius and this is one more of his great videos
he does have some genius Reviews but at one point they were missing that oomph they had before. I bought call of juarez because he said its fairly good and he was right about everything....Including the no CO-OP thing. what were they thinking. I might have to go get AA now >.>

Undeed

May 22, 2008
Was it just me, or did Yatzhee explicitly state that his purpose was to piss all over games? It's not particularly surprising, and I'd even call it a nessecity, but to outright state it like that came as a bit of a surprise.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
poor vid, i don't like yahtzee anymore. hes just annoying and whiny now, ill still probs watch tho in hope he picks up his game

SilentScope001

Dec 26, 2007
misterprickly said:
I'm surprised he didn't say anything about Joker mode!

That was one of the main reasons people were supposed to buy the game in the first place.
Wow. Of course, Gamefaqs say the Joker is controlled just like Batman though and you can use him in Challenges. Almost like the Cyber Ninja gimmick in that MGS2 Combat Training game.

If there was just a small mini-campaign where you get to play as The Joker and take over the Asylum, that would be awesome. As it stands now though, that didn't happen.

Sep 17, 2009
I am acutally shocked that he liked it....

I played it for about an hour and had almost no fun at all. Hand to hand fighting was far to easy. Guys with guns pretty much ment u had to sneak around and by sneak i mean swing on the gargoyles.

the controls ment it was difficult for the game to be smooth, u were forced to stop every 20seconds to change to detective mode and look for where to grab onto. And i mean really....why if u can grip onto a gargoyle cant u grab a rail....anything else for that matter?

2/10 if that

And since when is does gliding make more sound then jumping 20feet onto the ground?

If it was me i would say use the money on pretty much anything else (other then fight night round 4).

Nickolas Azieha

Feb 9, 2009
Gotta telly you. I loved the combat but I still felt when I was fighting I was messing up the stealth. also It ticked me off that you couldnt break the lights with a batarang.
BTWS watchmen was awful.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
If you read any series worth its salt, you'll know that comic book writing is some of the best written word left on this planet.
I'm sorry but how much contemporary fiction do you read? I mean come on.
Honestly not that much, so im probably wrong in a more logical sense, but my opinion stands. I cant get into most books as i have a very finicky writing style that interests me. Give me some examples please

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Pretty much how I felt. The Killer Croc thing was pretty weird, the rest of the game was far better than anything else I can think of from the last 4-5 years or so (Albeit a few titles like Portal did make me smile pretty wide).

sirdanrhodes said:
Good review, average game.
Obvious Troll is Obvious.

cattheotherwhitemeat said:
I am acutally shocked that he liked it....

I played it for about an hour and had almost no fun at all. Hand to hand fighting was far to easy. Guys with guns pretty much ment u had to sneak around and by sneak i mean swing on the gargoyles.

the controls ment it was difficult for the game to be smooth, u were forced to stop every 20seconds to change to detective mode and look for where to grab onto. And i mean really....why if u can grip onto a gargoyle cant u grab a rail....anything else for that matter?

2/10 if that

And since when is does gliding make more sound then jumping 20feet onto the ground?

If it was me i would say use the money on pretty much anything else (other then fight night round 4).
OR you could hit them with a batarang in the hand causing them to drop the weapon. OR you could jump on the head of the first guy, hit the next guy with a batarang, and then beat the shit out of the third guy while the first two try to get their heads out of their ass.

Anyone with an ounce of brain power could function between detective and regular mode flawlessly. I even switched between the two during combat a few times when my father in law was over (he liked watching the skeleton get its ass beat).

The reason you can't grab onto everything is if you could you could skip 90% of the game.

Also I'd like you to name one game that did the combat in a genre like this better.

Now I realize you are just trolling, like the people who give Halo a 1/10. But most of your gripes were tugged out of your ass pretty hard. I worry you might need sphincter repair.

Undeed said:
Was it just me, or did Yatzhee explicitly state that his purpose was to piss all over games? It's not particularly surprising, and I'd even call it a nessecity, but to outright state it like that came as a bit of a surprise.
He mentioned before that people get all over his ass when he isn't picky about games. I forget the game he praised but he got a ton of people bitching at him for not tearing it apart.