Zero Punctuation: Batman Arkham Asylum

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Well this is certaintly the first game that has ever almost stumped Yahtzee. And what was he talking about, I thought the box art was fitting. Though I have to agree the whole detective mode vision does seem to good and one can miss out on all the good artwork and such that the developers worked on. But still, thats nothing to complain about.

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
Everything said in this review can pretty much be agreed with, small flaws, but overall a good game! Ahhh... Zero Punctuation continues to be an un-removable part of my week. Great work YZ!

Scooter789

Sep 2, 2009
How do they signal Batman in the daytime?

They send him a text or something. You can do that nowadays, I hear.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Defiantly one of Yahtzee's funniest reviews. I especially liked the part about side-stepping the roided up mutant guys.

Hilarious as always!

Slaingod

Apr 22, 2009
Yeah so I had the same question about how they go about calling Batman during the day. Mine was actually, if it's not cloudy out and there's nothing to shine a light on, how do you summon Batman. Maybe he only works on cloudy nights. What a job, 9pm to 5am... sometimes.
"Oh Batman! Help me! That man just stole my purse." Batman - "Sorry lady, it's sunny out and not a cloud in the sky." Batman pauses, then snaps his fingers, as if he just got a really good idea and says "You should call the cops." Batman's inner-monolouge - "Now to go get that drink."

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Scooter789 said:
How do they signal Batman in the daytime?

They send him a text or something. You can do that nowadays, I hear.
Or they call his Batcave, that re-directs to another Batcave, then another one, and once they have 7 locations, they finally connect to Batman.

Or ask E.Nigma for help. Dumb idiot hacking into my walkie-talkie.

Also, seeing how this was a (MOST LIKELY) PC version of the game, you forgot to mention - graphics:performance ratio.

I'd rate it 5:2. Graphics are really, really good and you almost never have slowdowns in High Details even on a medium-end PC.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
You defeat the giant juggernaut guy by side-stepping his charge so that he goes crashing into a wall? Oh boy, how "inventive." Nonetheless, funny as always Yahtzee.

Slaingod

Apr 22, 2009
Blastcage said:
They never need Batman during the day because it's always night time in Gotham.

Seriously.
You know, I had never thought about it. But I think you maybe right. Still though, how do go about summoning him if there's no cloud cover. But then again is alway cloudy there too. Gotham kind of reminds me of Dark City. Except there's nobody moving buildings around.

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
this game just goes to show you how batman works. someone once told me that when all the superheros got in line to get superpowers, batman didn't wake up in time and was late therefore last in line. but he decided to use his cunning intellect to forge a note saying he was allowed to go first for the line with all the gadgets. cause this is all you need in the game. the bat-claw, the FOUR different types of bat-a-rangs, the zipline gun that we all wish we could have had as a kid (if not now), the explosive gel, it all has a purpose in progressing but it everything can be used to kick some serious ass if planned right. i'm not a die hard follower of batman, but i absolutly LOVED the way they got the original voices from the Animated Series. cause that is what i grew up with, so it was kind of a return to my childhood without the constant reminder of being a social outcast.

chase211

Sep 22, 2008
Pretty accurate, was a fun worthwhile game, detective mode is so OP you spend all your time in it and the boss fights are not nearly varied enough.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
Hang on Yahtzee forgot to mention the challenge rooms and when your get to play as the Joker in the PS3 version, where did that go huh?

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
I've got to say, it did seem that Yahtzee was actively trying to find things wrong with the game so that he could rant about them - which means nothing actually jumped out at him that indicated that it was a bad game. If that doesn't say "BUY IT, SERIOUSLY", I'm not sure what does.

saiyaman6798

Sep 5, 2009
great as always.

To answer the question about calling him in the day, in the comics (yes go ahead and say it) batman hooked a system where he knew when it was turned on. or was activated. That way cloud cover would not be a problem either. Durring the day or uncloudy nights, you can think of the batsignal as a large and energy wasting pager.

I give this video a 7/5 (an extra two for my agreement)

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I love how the first 3 comments placed the posters on probation lol! Anyway good review and its true there isn't really much negative things to say that out weight the postive. Like usual the review was entertaining. However that lymeric review last week was a really novel idea.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
The last comic book game taht I liked was spiderman 2 on the gamecube, and it never came anywhere close to perfection as Batman: Arkham Asylum, I highly recomend it along with everyone on the planet so sorry if I sound like a broken record.

As for bashing comic book writers, the only writers I have a beef against is anyone at archie that worked on Sonic the hedgehog post issue 50.