Zero Punctuation: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Ace01

May 19, 2009
I thought the single player was good. But you did the mortar scene TWICE. I liked the game single player was ok, But at least the multiplayer is really fun. I mean if you hate a game because I CANT CALL IN AIR STRIKE, WHERES MY HARRIER, THERES NO HEAVY CLASS ON MY SCREEN.[Ahem]

Well, i like the game and i liked modern warfare, (first one, second one was god awful)

ThatNashGuy

Mar 22, 2010
Single-player in BF: BC2 is absolute crap on a fosillized roll but multiplayer was a gleaming god statue of excellence, which made me feel like i was in a team, instead of stuck with some random freaks. It also had epicness that I normally don't experience in a game like this. i felt like i was fighting a battle with dependable comrades more than most multiplayer games i play, also i don't suck at it (well, noth that much).

However I do have two complaints;
1. I'm a level 7 at this point and it's taking FOREVER to get any cool weapons, with all of them around 20, couldn't they spread it out a bit?
2. Is you can't cancel directly after a game, but these are minor complaints to a very good multiplayer mode, but could make the singel-player a little better, or more crap now ya think about it.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Yahtzee, you never give a proper review of games any more. You take a game, say something (if anything) about the good bits, then rattle on about everything else for the rest of the video...
I used to go on your judgement on games but now I don't know any more because all your "review" seems to do is slag off a game for 5 minutes.

Maybe I'm missing the point here, maybe I should just be enjoying it because you rip apart games, and it's funny. But, from your early days, you've changed a lot.

OT: I didn't know Bad Company 2 had a single-player mode. Well I've learnt something today.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
To all people who make realistic shooter games like Bad Company, Modern Warfare and Medal of Honor: STOP MAKING THEM. I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THESE GAMES.

Sorry about that.

I need to go play a real game for a few moments now.

Mulder123

Mar 7, 2010
Mortar part was hard? Sheesh, I played the castle parts of the desert 10 times per autosave, the imported from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. enemy guns really made it hard to shoot a dot from 100 meters. Although I completely agree about the helicopters ;]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol just rented this game
haven't tried it out much but I did notice I was just...going through the motions
not that I'm complaining or anything

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Well, BC2 is not MW2. BC2 is in my opinion. And the mortar scene. Why is he complaining about that one? I managed to get through that scene without dying once. Good job I must say. Try using the 10 m high walls properly next time.

icnfde

Dec 27, 2007
It takes a special kind of moron to review the singleplayer component of a predominantly multiplayer game, even moreso in this case since the Battlefield series has rarely been about SP.

What's next Yahtzee? A Quake 3 Arena singleplayer review?

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
Do you know what needs to be brought back to FPS games? The paint ball cheat from Golden eye. Think about it you have all of the drab gray and brown environments but as the fire fight progresses it gets the the point that it looks like a kindergarten classroom on finger painting day. And what would be even cooler is if it had a random chance to be turned on every time a multiplayer match started.

frankly someone should make a game with that sort of premise, something along the lines of "Da Blob vs Modern Warfare" but with plasma cannons and giant explosives and chain saw throwers.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT

that was too funny; always funny to watch

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Baby Tea said:
I fail to understand what makes Battlefield Cad Company 2 'realistic'.
Since it's about as realistic as Super Mario Bros.
But it was a charming video nonetheless.

I think you bring up a pretty decent point. But it could be that this "tyranny of realism" of which Yahtzee speaks also refers to the arguably misguided attempts of FPS developers to be realistic.

Lord Azrael

Apr 16, 2009
Battlefield 2 was amazing multiplayer fun. I bought BFBC2 fully expecting it to not have any single player whatsoever and that wouldn't have bothered me at all. Battlefield games ahve always been about the multiplayer. Things that did irritate me were the removal of the prone position and the excessive dust.
First time I played I got my arse handed to me more times than I could count, then I got back into my groove and started scoring some major points. I initially was dubious about only 4 classes over BF2's 6 but after unlocking a load of weapons and being able to use them with a variety of classes I was more convinced.

There is a huge amount of game here, the maps are huge and are going to take a lot of time to learn properly to exploit them as I used to be able to in BF2. The new game modes are refreshing too.

Great as the gamme is I can't wait for the modding tools to be released so the guys who did AIX 2.0 (allied intent) for BF2 can get to grips with this. (Just less airpower this time guys!)

Knight of Cydonia

Sep 22, 2008
*sigh* This is the first time I've disagreed with Yahtzee this much.*ahem* PLAY THE MULTI PLAYER FOR THIS GAME ONLY. Even if your entire team are dicks(which I am sorry to say is the case most of the time) you can join a squad with a few of your mates and play in a team INSIDE a team. I only have 1 friend with battlefield bad company 2 but we go in a squad of 2 and are ALWAYS the top 2 players in a game.

....I did hate the dust and motors too though.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
One of the funniest reviews I've watched, particulary because I aquire COD Modern Warfare 2 recently and it's all true the simularities between the two.
It irriates me how brown and grey each map is on the multiplier. It's like living in a world with a muddy puddle on your face.
I agree with the annoyingness of sniping in these games. I play on a laptop where the resolution is smaller than that of a typical moniter so it's really horrible for me to look down my scope and disguingish another squinty player or a funny shaped vase. I often find myself when camping windows in COD MW2 leaning forwards towards my screen in hope I can see better. It doesn't and makes my contact lenses steam up somehow which makes seeing even more hard with all the dust that gets kicked up.

I hate realistic games. They just get boring :p I only keep playing MW2 because it's oddly amusing to plonk claymors in wierd places and bait people over them :) People are so predictable ^^