Zero Punctuation: Bionic Commando

Syphith

Nov 7, 2006
TheFace said:
Syphith said:
TornadoADV said:
Play BC on the Xbox 360, loading problem solved.
Quoted for MFing truth. Seriously, funny review like always, but if you want to get away from long loading times and installs, don't play all your multi-platform games on the PS3. There's really no reason to.
Actually, loading times in game are much better on the PS3, but you do have to sit through 20 mins of install.

It's a fair trade off in my opinion. And some games like SCIV don't do it automatically, they give you the option.

I'm sure if there was an optional 20 minute install for 360 games a lot of you would do it to cut down on in-game loading. I know I would.

EDIT: Also, why all the Pepsi hate? Pepsi's slightly nicer than coke. Except Cinema coke. That stuff's magical.
I will admit that I did not play this game, Bionic Commando on the PS3 and only on the 360. As I do with pretty much all games that I have the option. Though I will also say that I didn't encounter any loading times that were any longer than any other game now-a-days, so either the PS3 version does have long loading times I didn't see on the 360 or Yahtzee has far less of a tolerance for that kind of thing than I do. Obviously by what by what we can guess of Yahtzee's tolerance concerning anything in gaming, the latter is definitely an option.

Also yes, I realize the purpose of the installs, they wouldn't bother me if they were all optional, as you mentioned it is with SCIV. Also as you apparently aren't aware, there is an option now to install 360 games to the hard drive, but that's what it is, an option, one you have to choose to do on your own. An option I've taken a few times in the past, once I played a game and realized on my own it might be useful. It's a big difference from having it forced on you like with a good majority of big titles on the PS3.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Letter of the Week better become a regular segment... and you should reply to those letters in the video for added guffaws.

That said, at least you admitted you were petty. I imagine the multiplayer gives you plenty of room to just swing wherever you want for however long you want, provided you can deal with people shooting you. Did love the loading gag, though...

wyldefire

Feb 27, 2008
Hehe

The LBP music went perfectly with the letter of the week. Now I'm off to Wikipedia to see what the twists is.

PieMaker

Oct 7, 2008
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
I can't honestly believe someone sent him that email and was serious.

Then again, the world is full of dipshits.
Just read last week's comments, many were wondering where to get a copy of the game.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
ROFL! The loading screen joke never got old. It sure gets the point across about how annoying and flow-breaking long, frequent loading screens are. The fact that the loading screens were that bad even after installing parts of the game to the hard drive says a lot for the poorly-coded level-loading routines. They couldn't load pieces of the map in the background whenever the player got near them?

And yes, product placement has gone too far. I love Pepsi, and I too would have wanted to hurl that dispenser long and hard at the nearest wall, sending blue and red shards flying through the air. We already paid $60 for the game; do we need to be bombarded with advertising too? How much do we have to pay to remove the ad banners?

Grischna

Jul 17, 2008
lol

but wait
th dude ditn REALLY write that letter to u

it would be too friggin DUMB from him to do that
omg hes a poor fella

ertxz18

Dec 24, 2008
LOL Awesome review!! Loved every minute of it, even if I do drink and like Pepsi lol. And after I saw "Got the inspector gadget theme stuck in my head" I started thinking about it, and now its in my head! The letter at the end was so HILARIOUS!

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
I just read the spoiler on the wife off of Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Commando_(2009_video_game)].

What the hell?!?

This is a great video, I loved the Walrus Hotline and "Yay me!" scenes.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Wow... the letter of the week... I just pity the guy who actually sent it, well if there actually was a person who sent it.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Nuka Cola is better.
LittleBigPlanet Music? Wth Yahtzee, you're making the Noveltones giddy.
Oh yeah, you want a long loading time? ever play Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex?
Jesus, it took forever.

But there really can't be that stupid of people around can there?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I just looked up the story for Bionic Commando.

... Your arm. Your missing wife is your fucking arm?

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
PS2MAN said:
Bionic Commando a Shitty Game Because it drinks Pepsi? ... *Sigh*

At least last weeks awesomeness makes up for this weeks downfall.
I prefer Coca Cola, from a glass bottle or 20oz bottle, cause it taste like can otherwise.

how dare thee! In all this was a funny one, Yahtzee the Pepsi throwing professional-troll.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
I thought the loading screen gags were pretty funny actually.

Pepsi doesn't seem to be available in this bloody country, so I've been getting a tad nostalgic for it lately. The caffeine-free Pepsi is awesome.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Great, now it's a Pepsi vs Coca flamewar.
Congratulations Benjamin Richard Croshaw, you are still the biggest troll of gaming reviews!

On a side note I find that Pepsi would feel at home at McDonald's, as Coca Cola does, because it's exactly the same subpar quality as everything else served in that establishment.
The third world country I live in produces better soft drinks, so feh!