Zero Punctuation: Borderlands 2

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
While not much has really changed, I'm still having a lot of fun with it!

I will agree that the cars still handle like fucking shit though!

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Not surprised here. Borderlands 2 is very much Borderlands 1 but more, so if you didn't like 1, you won't like 2.

As for the boss that was allegedly dangerous: Admiral Akbar can inform you about the true nature of the boss anyways.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Overall, I like Borderlands 2 :) At the very least, it's something to pass the time with until XCOM:EU comes out.

Somehow, they made the endboss even easier than in BL1, though. Not sure how they managed that.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I expected this reaction from him. I just wanna know, did he play it by himself? I'll assume so.

EDIT: I've also been wanting to say this for a while. Why did he give FEAR 3 a chance for co op, but not this? That bugs me. He bashes how, in FEAR 3, people won't be really paying attention to the story, but rather dicking around with their buds. Kinda think he shoulda mentioned that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Driving really is ass. There's no excuse for this.

I think the game is awesome, though, therefore this review is bad and unfunny and Yahtzee should be ashamed of himself for eating puppies.

...am I doing this right?

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Really, the only thing I agree with Yahtzee on is the inability to track multiple quests and the cars not being the easiest to control. Honestly, playing as Zero is a hoot. I just picked up his Execute skill and having fun darting all over the map stabbing dudes.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Will someone stop giving Yahtzee games that are supposed to be played in multiplayer? I mean, he usually plays single-player only, so he's not gonna enjoy them... we get that by now. Just let him review single player games.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Borderlands 2 is really just more of Borderlands 1(minus assault rifles that don't suck and are automatic) so i didn't expect Yahtzee to like it. great review, i had a laugh.

oh and now there will be people who dislike the game screaming : I AM RIGHT ABOUT A QUESTION OF PERSONAL PREFERENCE; YAHTZEE SAID SO

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Borderlands just seems to be that game(s) where everybody else likes it but not Yahtzee.
However, that vault hunter thing is incredibly contrived.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
If it wasn't for co-op, Borderlands would be a bad game in my opinion. The story is uninteresting, the missions get repetitive really quick and even though the characters are pretty funny and some are well written, they don't do much and there is barely any interaction with them.
But when I play with someone else, I simply don't care about all those things. My friends and I didn't pay attention to the story at all in the first game. We simply goofed around.
Same with Borderlands 2.

So it's a not so good game rescued by it's multiplayer, which is pretty rare.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I actually forgot that towards the end of the last Borderlands I started getting rather bored and once I had finished - that was that.

Fast forward to now and because I had forgotten, I played Borderlands 2 and it didn't take me very long to get bored of that.
The "problem" I have with Borderlands 2 is actually more towards its genre. Loot games. Don't think they are for me.

Also, I also thought of Guy Ritchie films when I saw the character intros ^_^

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
For once I don't agree. I've had a ton of fun with borderlands 2, already having 94 hours clocked according to steam. I enjoyed it much more than the first game.