Zero Punctuation: Borderlands

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i love the weekly probations here. ooh! a suspension!

OT:great episode, still loving it.
what number are we on? been a while since 100.

Xesumie

Kazoo player
Oct 30, 2008
Yahtzee has my opinion of Borderlands? I thought I was the only one who didn't love it.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
so you finally broke to peer pressure? glad then you tore the game a new one, it's ok and fun to play with friends but hardly spellbinding like everybody claims it is

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
So you finally caved Yahtzee. You're getting soft.
Anyway, interesting review. I already didn't think much of Borderlands, now I think even less of it.
Your opinions are influenced by Zero Punctuation? HAHAHAHA

Sorry. I played Borderlands single-player the whole way through and, whilst it didn't take me very long, I found it entertaining. The guns were pretty much the only thing keeping me on the game, however.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I wasen't that into the game. It didn't help that my brother dragged me along for the split-screen gameplay and the game was fun at first, but being dragged into a game at level 1 when the person your playing with it level 12 is like fighting Mike Tyson. You're always gonna go down.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
after watching my brother play borderlands, i decided to never play it. it looks like a graphic novel version of fallout 3 mixed with bioshock, but the killing point was my brother pouring something like 200 rounds of automatic gunfire into somethings face and it not dying until 300 rounds. afterwhich i said "yeah, fuck that."

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
So, if he did this review because all the fanboys kept nagging him to do it then which game do we have to wait for until later?
Anyway, it sounds like Mass Effect 2 will be the next game he reviews...and after that it'll be Dante's Inferno then Bioshock 2...in that order.
Yeah let's see if I'll be right; Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno, then Bioshock 2.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I don´t know.This one was a little lack luster to.Wasn't as good as many other before.

And i´m talking about the review.

Flaminguez

Nov 11, 2009
thatstheguy said:
Man. I think we should stop telling Yahtzee to do reviews of certain games. I was surprised he didn't get a heart attack half way through the review.
I don't know, it results in some pretty amusing reviews....

I don't see anything wrong with designing a game primarily with the multiplayer in mind (e.g., the Left 4 Dead games), but obviously it won't be to everyone's taste. Maybe the problem is more that they try to shoehorn in a single-player campaign to a game that's not really built for it.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Make sure you join the Zero Punctuation Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Zero-Punctuation/7546255825

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
damnit yahtzee I thought you would stay strong!

Oh well. Funny. If I'm going to die of bowel cancer I would love to go skydiving.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
But... it has a scoped revolver that shoots rockets and lightning. Rockets are at least as fun as shurikens.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Massively entertaining review.

I almost hope this leads to another swarm of hate mail so Yahtzee can do another "Mailbag Showdown;" the last one after the Brawl review was unbelievably hilarious.