Zero Punctuation: Braid

UninspiringlyNamed

May 2, 2008
Mrmandude post=6.69741.676155 said:
Ha ha the uk pay less than both america and australia 17.33 austalien for this game 15 american and only 8.20 uk woop but we have shit weather so that is probaly compensation
...Sorry, I couldn't let this go. We in the UK actually pay a similar amount as £1 UK is closer to $2 US, and (as far as I know) US dollars are roughly comparable to Australian dollars, hence our £8.20 is roughly equal to US $16 (Someone with a bit more knowledge want to correct me? I'm not sure on this sort of thing).

As for the review, it was funnier than some recent ones but it's not a game I'll ever play.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
UninspiringlyNamed post=6.69741.676496 said:
...Sorry, I couldn't let this go. We in the UK actually pay a similar amount as £1 UK is closer to $2 US, and (as far as I know) US dollars are roughly comparable to Australian dollars, hence our £8.20 is roughly equal to US $16 (Someone with a bit more knowledge want to correct me? I'm not sure on this sort of thing).
You're pretty close with the exchange rate dude. It's been teetering around £1-$2 for a while now. We have some of the highest tax rates too AND we gotta wait quite a while for stuff. Don't think we wait as long as Australia but the stick we've got has quite a short end :(

I buy quite a lot of games/dvds etc. from the states because I really can't be arsed to wait for the catch-up period. Whatever the delay from Japan to America, we have to wait that again, It's not like they have to translate it from American to English, it's pretty similar :p

Abolish this bollocks please, I'm sure we have something that the Japanese would be upset if we made them wait...............................surely :S

SBoggart

Jul 2, 2008
It's okay, Ben. We all know Australia hates us. Come to the U.S. some time, we price gamers cheaper than dirt and have unicorns that spit pixels. Come to ussss, Yahtzee... Coooommmeee to usssss.

GreyPoly

Aug 29, 2008
I think a common falsehood about the game industry is that the graphics are the inverse to good gameplay, as if the artists stifle the designers ability to make a game. I work in the game industry and it REALLY has NOTHING to do with budget, staffing, OR bad designers. Its literally the fact you make the game the publisher tells you to... Some dude, in an office, decides the fate of the game, who has NOTHING TO DO WITH MAKING THE ACTUAL GAME. They do their "research" and plan their "marketing" and somehow this gives them the ability to do whatever the hell they want. So really, lets quit this false belief that its the graphics ruining gaming, because honestly, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Its not even the designers fault, most designers think of a good game idea once a day! And then hate their existence because they will never get to make it. A good game can have good graphics and gameplay, its not an inverse. So if you want to point the finger at how much games suck, because of their lack of ORIGINALITY, or MINDNUMBING GAMEPLAY. BLAME THE PUBLISHERS AND THE BYERS!!!!! The publishers think you are all a bunch of DUMB HALFWITTED MOUTHBREATHING GAMERS that only want tits and guns. Unfortunately, the only way itll change is if people stopped buying HALO, you will never change a publishers mind, all they see is dollar signs.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
Eldritch Warlord post=6.69741.676477 said:
Mythbhavd post=6.69741.675636 said:
Eldritch Warlord post=6.69741.673622 said:
I was gonna post: "Whatever happened to being funny and clever as opposed to being an angry if eloquent misanthrope foaming at the mouth while rabidly calling everyone a moron?"
Um...I think you did post it. Let me check. Yep. Yep, it's posted.
I see that you don't understand and are trying to discredit me in any way possible.

Allow me to elaborate, after seeing this video that is the intended post I formed in my head. After seeing five pages of almost nothing but "ur my gawd YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111" I decided to expand upon that.
Nope. I wasn't trying to discredit ya. Just pointing out that you did post it. :)

Rybe

Aug 29, 2008
)< since when are beaches that are perpetually 15 degrees, rainy, and perpetually so windy that your legs get a nice shiny sand blasting a BAD thing!

Curse your nice beaches )8< CURSE THEM.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
Rybe post=6.69741.677185 said:
)< Since when are beaches that are perpetually 15 degrees, rainy, and perpetually so windy that your legs get a nice shiny sand blasting a BAD thing?!

Curse your nice beaches. )8< CURSE THEM.
Just wondering... To which specific beaches are you referring?

finalcut315

Jun 18, 2008
it's funny, every time you complain about "me" not buying any good games you show all the games I own. I know you're being general, but it's just ignorant.

Maingunprimed

May 7, 2008
Ya man seriously all people do is immediately fall on their faces and say we are not worthy to be spit upon by you yahtzee

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ah magnificent comparing the game industry to the movie industry, beautiful and well done I can still feel the discontentment and rage, keep at it Yahtzee!

finalcut315 post=6.69741.677948 said:
it's funny, every time you complain about "me" not buying any good games you show all the games I own. I know you're being general, but it's just ignorant.
Not really he has a point ranting about sheeple, the masses can be viewed as begin ignorant because they are to busy with life to stop and think.

Instead of waiting until a game is out and vetting it by making a decision on industry and user reviews they buy first and in doing so make the game industry make games without thinking, its a vicious cycle....

WiwuX

Jun 1, 2008
Having bought Psychonauts, BG&E, and Shadow of the Colossus, all I say to this assuming is "Fuck you".

Also, Shadow of the Colossus blows, it had one good thing in it, and that was art direction, besides that, the gameplay is buggy, repetitive and annoying, and I never cared about anyone in the game.

Worm4Life

May 30, 2008
No Yahtzee you are not the new punk rock.

EDIT: Also could you have asked a grown up why the key breaks? I don't like the game, but geezus man.