Zero Punctuation: Brink

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Brink

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Brink. Also, there is a drinking game involving Team Fortress 2.

Watch Video

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
This was a good review. I saw my brother playing this and was pretty blown away by how cool it looked :p

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Y'know, the TF2 (take a drink) comparison hadn't even crossed my mind until now. Now I feel like an idiot.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I guess I'd still like a jellybean cake... But hey, he played a multiplayer game! No getting around that one, eh?

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
.... WHY MUST YOU NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE YAHTZEE :(

Oh well. Fair enough review anyway.

... Just give Brink a chance peoples. PLEASE D:

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
... wasn't there a single player mode as well? Because if there was, then Yahtzee just broke his own rule of not judging a game by multiplayer alone...

EDIT: Ok, you can stop quoting me now, I know he brought it up for less than a sentence. But there was an Extra Punctuation a while ago where he talked about multiplayer except I can't find it. Give me a minute...

EDIT 2: In an Extra Punctuation, he mentioned playing mostly multiplayer games single player because multiplayer isn't his thing. Yet in this review, the only time he even mentioned single player was once and that was hardly a sentence. Even if it was just multiplayer with bots, Borderlands was almost entirely a multiplayer game, yet he barely gave it a try. Surely you see what I'm trying to say here, yes?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I was scared off this one by reviews. A single player that doesn't really have a story? I'll pass.
EDIT: Multiplayer maps with bots is not how you do single player.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Holy cow, an actual REVIEW not a critique... and a fairly sound review at that, I like the game and agree with the issues he has with it.... it just wasn't funny... well.. maybe thats why he told us to get drunk.

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
Yep. That pretty well summed up how I felt about Brink, too. It's just not interesting enough and tried all the wrong things to convince me to be interested in it.

DeLukas

May 7, 2008
Oh good. Then I can just go back and play TF2 if I feel the need for this kind of gaming experience.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Listening to the choices that Bethesda made for Brink, especially when compared to Team Fortress 2, really makes me wonder just how much ACTUAL playtesting and QA went into making this game. Every design decision seems to be counter-intuitive to making an effective class-based multiplayer shooter.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Didn't Monday Night Combat already do the Team Fortress 2 rip off, and do it better?

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
ProfessorLayton said:
... wasn't there a single player mode as well? Because if there was, then Yahtzee just broke his own rule of not judging a game by multiplayer alone...
He covered the single player. In fact, none of what he said could be placed exclusively upon thew shoulders of multiplayer. Did you watch the review?

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
You know, I have the bloody orange box, just to play portal, but I unwillingly purchased team fortress 2 with it. I didn't even play through the half life 2 stuff, so I didn't even think of playing TF2.
Is it really that good?

Now that I see people ripping it off, there must be something to it. However, it didn't work for dota and all the other clones which I won't touch.

Hendzis

Apr 2, 2010
Didn't like Brink either , everything reminded me Tf2 or maybe it is because I have played it more than 1000hrs .