Zero Punctuation: Brink

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
Many of Yahtzees reviews, including this one, reinforce the notion he?s an unskilled gamer. The classes have different abilitieas. There?s a whole menu, item in the HUD, objectives, etc. based on classes. How could you miss them and the other weapons in the menu?
The weapons I find more forgivable b/c it is mostly SMGs and there?s no sniping b/c there?re no 1-hit-kills. Did I mention Brink sucks? Compared to TF2 it fails. Compared to Mirror?s Edge for puzzle platforming it fails. Compared to Crysis 2?s multiplayer it fails and that game lets you mantle more things without having made that its? main selling point. Brink has nothing to offer that a competitor hasn?t already implemented more successfully.

Anthan

Apr 3, 2010
I'm sorry, I really am but this is the one review you've ever done which I couldn't stay until the end of.
Not because of the game the review was about even but because of saying that TF2 hats are a bad idea, over and over again.
It's like not eating when you're starving to death because you think you'll get fat.

Hats were neccessary for TF2 to survive this long. Players need an incentive to keep playing which comes in the form of rare items. They originally planned this to be the unlockable weapons, if anyone remembers how difficult it was to get the ubersaw when it first came out. This lead to more players achievement farming than actually playing and the ones which didn't complained that the ubersaw was too powerful and too rare to get without farming. Thus aestetic only rare items were introduced to help this problem.

I know why you say it though, as a game reviewer who needs to play a different game once a week before moving on, you'd naturally be against unlocks which take more than a week to get, while other players who would keep playing a particular game would love the reward for playing that long.

I agree with the review of brink though. They take customisable clothing a bit too far.
Although I think it's much closer to Urban Terror than Team Fortress 2. Almost identical in fact because of the parcour things it involves as well as the weapons and skills.

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Henriksen said:
Is there no new review this week or something?
Ha! I was checking these comments to see if there's any explanation. Sure, it's only 40 minutes late, but we internet folk are intolerant of tardiness. We want something to anonymously rip apart on time.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
Hyakunin Isshu said:
face_head_mouth said:
Hyakunin Isshu said:
Another awful review!

Croshaw, I'm telling you this as a human: You SUCK! You're just a Attention Whore. It's really sad that Escapist Magazine can't see that you're not funny anymore. You're just as boring as South Park.
God, your whining would be cute if it weren't so pathetic. Haven't you got anything better to
do than make the same post over and over?

Oh, that's right: you do make that other post sometimes too. You know, the one where you rage about how gaming technology doesn't yet support your vision of 10,000 ninja cyborgs destroying a city with every house having individual working fridges. Followed by 500 Youtube links to physics engine demonstrations.

I'll take Croshaw's excessive grumpiness and nitpicking over what you represent any day of the week.
As ZP would say: go back to Croshaw and Deep Throat him! LOL
Another awful comment!

Hyakunin, I'm telling you this as someone who isn't a troll: You're ANNOYING! You're just seeking attention. It's really sad that you will go out of your way to troll.

If you don't like Zero Punctuation, don't watch it. Simple logic, you see.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Kukulski said:
TimeLord said:
Henriksen said:
Russ Pitts Tweeted that it's late.
How late?

I already have my sandwhich and drink ready.
No idea, there's already a thread about the lack of ZP. Damn the Internet are an impatient bunch! xD

wolf_isthebest

the Insane
Mar 4, 2009
Unskippable was a day late ... now ZP is late ... I want my free shows on time dam it ! Is Russ still drunk from last week drinking game ?

v3nge

Mar 15, 2011
When I saw that there was no new ZP yet, I GENUINELY questioned whether or not it was actually wednesday.

JYzer

Apr 12, 2011
jackanderson said:
Henriksen said:
Maybe the Australian Police finally tracked him down after the Mortal Kombat episode.
Tune in next week for Zero Punctuation: At Her Majesty's pleasure.