Zero Punctuation: Broken Age

Baconator96

Jun 8, 2009
This video, basically, is the reason I only pay for kickstarters that have already met their funding deadline.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Alterego-X said:
at the same time chastising the system for only producing games that people know they want in advance.
It is producing games that people already have. To put is in more simple terms - Zero Innovation. We do not know what new combinations are actually going to work until the Dev actually develops something instead of regurgitating it. Another KS fake-out promising the moon, but delivering cheese, and half-eaten at that.

Wasteland 2 is similarly plagued with it's claims of being 'spiritually' tied to Fallout, but only in the sense that game design for Fallout was made 20+ years ago, and so was W2's. They ask for full development funding, then want to charge ridiculous amounts for those that did not fund it, for a game that is pure bargain bin liner compared to modern AAA POS's (yes, compared to EA crap, the KS stuff is still bad since at least they are using modern graphics engines for their crappy stories).

dfkt

Apr 30, 2011
Razhem said:
If I remember right, they made the graphics engine from scratch, which is the quickest way to have costs go to the sky, so a big part of that I'd blame it on that. [...] The positive out of this is that they at least now have the engine done, so developing another similar one should go a lot faster and be a lot cheaper.
Moeez said:
Broken Age's engine is completely new
Nope. They used the MOAI framework by Zipline. http://youtu.be/cRRpSu4JelI