Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Versipellis

Jul 29, 2009
Ku ku ku. You know, I was just wondering if Yahtzee was starting to slow down his speech ... and now here he is, back with a feverish pitch. Just like the old days. Or uh, something. Also, I laugh that the thread for this is wedged between two asking about ZP's quality. I didn't read them, but I immediately thought "butthurt about MW2."

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Solid Soap. and his rival, Liquid Soap. Dear Sweet Cornfed Jesus. I think I piddled myself.

And when you die...

Soap? SOAP! SOOOOOOOOOOOAP?!?!

At which point the game becomes a Pooty Tang simulator with the player as Dirty D.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Fallenangel157 said:
Rafe said:
Shame he doesn't play online -- the reason nearly EVERYONE bought it.

Amazing review though and glad 'ya liked it.
he probably doesn't want to play multiplayer because 1. the annoying screaming fucktards that scream at the top of their lungs everytime they die say "WHAT! HE SO DIDN'T HIT ME! THE FAGGY NOOB!" and 2 it has nothing to do with the actually game it's just something so you can play with your friends and have a good time.

any nice review as always
Okay, now that depends whether you have it on Xbox or not.

And anyway, comparing the 5-6 hours of campaign time to the 100's of hours a heavy amount of people will be getting out of the multiplayer; I would consider it the most important aspect of the game. Most people I know have played it since release date and haven't even glanced at the campaign as well.

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
HA I OWN 0 COPIES OF MODERN WARFARE 2!! YOUR THEORY IS WRONG!!!

But seriously, good review, I agree that the controversy is a bit stupid. But that's coming from a guy who doesn't give a shit about controversy.

CMon

Jun 18, 2009
gamepopper101 said:
HA I OWN 0 COPIES OF MODERN WARFARE 2!! YOUR THEORY IS WRONG!!!
WELL I OWN 38 COPIES SO I PRETTY MUCH LEVEL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE

In other news, yes, it's kind of silly to get your knickers in a twist over an incident in a video game - nonetheless one that can easily be replicated in a number of other video games where the incident itself often is the sole target for the experience. (See: GTA & Saints Row)

kitekasame

Nov 19, 2009
i must not be a organic life form cause i dont have modern warfare and i dont want it in the first place.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Rafe said:

Yea but you cross an invisible line if you review a game based on multiplayer principles. (Not a game like L4D,)
Multiplayer experiences for better or for worse is heavily based upon the people you play with. If you play with a bunch of ass munchers your final tally will show it.
Its a bit of a steep slippery slope, while if you judge the game for what it is then it becomes more fair.
Unless your EB games who like to herd sheeple and suck game devs dicks.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Virtual_Dom said:
wow he just neatly encapsulated everything I think about MW2.

But when he says "mechanically the game is perfect" is he talking about the gameplay?
hes saying that it functions just fine but it just does the same stuff multiple times.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I have finally figured out why this crappy game is doing so well......10-20 year old robutts!! >>

GreasedUpDeafGuy

Aug 20, 2009
Call of Duty is all about the multiplayer. If you're not into that sort of thing you're only getting half a game. If you're into it, like me, then it's an experience that can't be beat.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
JWAN said:
Rafe said:

Yea but you cross an invisible line if you review a game based on multiplayer principles. (Not a game like L4D,)
Multiplayer experiences for better or for worse is heavily based upon the people you play with. If you play with a bunch of ass munchers your final tally will show it.
Its a bit of a steep slippery slope, while if you judge the game for what it is then it becomes more fair.
Unless your EB games who like to herd sheeple and suck game devs dicks.
Just a quick go on Xbox Live has made me agree with you.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Single Player was certainly not as spectacular (or as long for that matter) as the first one, but the multiplayer is a pretty big improvement over, say World at War, Call of Duty 4, etc.

Still, would certainly be worse without "Spec-Ops".

Maugomale

Nov 19, 2009
I guess it's time for us to turn on the fanboy shields.

From what I've been told, this game is like sex in a box, but I fail to see how. Must be because I don't own it yet. Most likely will though, since I'm easily convinced by all those reviews that give this game perfect scores (which makes ZP my "happy place" for some time).

Oh well. There' plenty of time till a MW3 surfaces and all those organic life forms waste all their money for a game and a pair of night goggles.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
ST3FAN said:
He was rather nice to the game i think. Really the only complaint against the game was the story. But hey good review anyway. Better than any review from any other website.
someone made a comment a while back around the release date of MW2 that he liked the gameplay in 1 therefore that part hasn't changed (tweaked, improved) really so there isn't much to review except the story which...lol well we have forums for that

but yeah today's video felt different but yay I was too busy to see it earlier haha

oh well, the story was still great despite all the cries of "plotholes!"
stiver said:
Of course the story was ridiculous, there was no way they were going to realisticly top the first one.
well put haha