Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
A good review, same he left out the multiplayer but I didn't expect him to include it so no big loss.

Kuliani said:
Lord Frunkamunch said:
So wait, does ANYONE who posts within the first five minutes get banned, or is it only the ones who claim to have watched the video/yell "first"? This has been bugging me for a while.
Yes.
He asked "is it X, or Y" and you replyed with yes, maybe I'm just odd but I never know if people who do this are saying yes to X, Y or both.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Six hours of single player?
yeah, I'll pass.
Oh my God, that's terrible. I didn't realize it was that short.

I don't see any excuse for any developer starting, say, in 1997, to not include both a thorough and original single play and a thorough and original multiplayer mode in absolutely any FPS and about 70% of action/sports/adventure games. The people that pay their bills deserve better!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Knight Templar said:
A good review, same he left out the multiplayer but I didn't expect him to include it so no big loss.

Kuliani said:
Lord Frunkamunch said:
So wait, does ANYONE who posts within the first five minutes get banned, or is it only the ones who claim to have watched the video/yell "first"? This has been bugging me for a while.
Yes.
He asked "is it X, or Y" and you replyed with yes, maybe I'm just odd but I never know if people who do this are saying yes to X, Y or both.
Yes.

Chainsaws_of_War_2

Jan 15, 2009
It really is tragic Yahtzee didn't play the online multiplayer, that's truly the selling point of the game. In fact, if it wasn't for achievements, that's probably the only thing I would've touched these past two weeks.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Skooterz said:
Zefar said:
That is 6 hours on Hardened. One step below Veteran(Hardest). If you play it on Easy or Medium you'll probably rush through it in 3 to 4 hours at most.

Nice review but I found it a bit confusing, like the whole story in MW2. Still don't see what Shepard would gain to declare war with a nation.
Took me 5 hours on Veteran. *shrug*
Was it on 360? Because I saw that insane aimbot you guys had in SP which was just silly. It'd be easy if I had that too. Just snap aim on people and fire a bit.
If it's on PC you are just insanely good.

coladict

Jan 20, 2009
SuperTurkey said:
Why THE FUCK does Yahtzee not play the multiplayer sections of these games?
Some of us are just not fond of multiplayer gaming. I find myself in that minority and am glad that someone popular makes reviews from that stand-point. I only buy games that focus greatly on the single-player campaign. That was the main reason I sold my copy of LittleBigPlanet after the third time I inserted the disc and was much more satisfied with the second hand MGS4 that I got with the money.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
aaaaaaW :( I was hoping for Assasins Creed II! Or at least Borderlands. Good review though.
(was it just me or did it sound like Yahtzee was about to cry? Around 03:30. Not that there is anything wrong with that!)Also, sniper teams are not gay!

bdk336

Nov 25, 2009
While I understand that some people don't enjoy online multiplayer the fact is that certain games, such as the Call of Duty series since they released the first Modern Warfare, are geared towards the online gaming community so most of the focus is put into the online multiplayer.

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
Probably the best part of the whole review was the fact that he didn't mention any of the shit pc gamers have been going on about the past month.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Piecewise said:
Why is it that when I complain about the story being convoluted and dumb and the single missions being short I'm called a complete asshole who knows nothing about what he's talking about, but when yahtzee does it everyone agrees?
lmao thats a very good point haha probably because if they argue with yahtzee the world will explode =P

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
my problem with the review is that he seems to be trying for some kind of world record or something. I understand that an accelerated pace is part of the appeal, but at least before i could understand at least half of what he was saying even when he was doing it in an accent.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
really i think the story is ok, i think if they added more levels it wudda got confusing, call of duty is more online based anyways, since the first modern warfare anyways, i like the COD storys, really ebcause they arnt so long that you get all caught up in it and play it for a full day, then again i suppose that some gamers like longer storys, ahh well, lets all complain at treyarch or infinity ward =P (sorry for bad grammer, i type msnish on computers haha)

tk1989

May 20, 2008
CMon said:
Lovely. I had a feeling you wouldn't review CoD6:MW2 (seriously, that's a fucking unnecessarily long abbrievation), but lo, you did!
Meh, apparently Activision are marketing Modern Warfare as a new IP and its no longer really fully associated with CoD anymore, so its just Modern Warfare 2... Also, CoD:WAW was not really CoD 5, I am pretty sure they will probably release a game with 5 in the name in the future...

Retarded system? yes, very

Virtual_Dom

Jul 3, 2009
wow he just neatly encapsulated everything I think about MW2.

But when he says "mechanically the game is perfect" is he talking about the gameplay?