Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Well, I wasn't expecting that. I was actually wondering what ZP was gonna be on, since DAO seemed like the big review for the time being.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
He liked it! YAY!...well, ok most of it.

Favorite line, "sneaking around in the tall grass together and watching eachother's backs. NOT GAY!" HAHA! I laughed at that so much.

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
Bobby Khotick is the grand-evil of gaming, may he suffer long well after his death....

Also i can't help but feel co-op was only fun for another reason... hhmmmm.... oh yeah! other player interaction and the fact they kept those missions kinda simple

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
ZP's review is entertaining as always, though with the online multiplayer such a huge focus on Infinity Ward's part in Modern Warfare 2, I feel that Yahtzee's review is a bit incomplete. I'm not looking for him to praise the multiplayer like the second coming, I'd just like him to include it in such a multiplayer-heavy game such as this.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
agreed that the story mode isn't that great, but co-op is fun as hell

i'm amazed that yahtzee was even willing to try multiplayer, but given the solo's length that shouldn't be surprising

although the idea of reaching through the monitor to throttle the hell out of annoying people online sounds like a wonderful idea

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
I'm not that fussed about this game. I will wait for a price drop because i'm not paying £45 for a single player game. I'm not that bothered about the multiplayer. I want a compelling single player game and if i wanted to play with friends i would just go bowling or something. Cus it doesn't cost £45 for the game and £40 to actually use the online for a year.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Makes me all the happier that I'm not a robot, and therefore I have more money for more 3in1 Oil. I would have to think the only people who are enjoying that bollocksed online multiplayer would be the robots who can one shot everyone from 500 yards away.
[small]And I do not 'squee' in an elevator thank you![/small]

Feb 13, 2008
Ok. Now Yahtzee has torn it apart in the same way everyone else hasn't: Can we PLEASE shut up about MewTwo?

I even promise not to say sparkle again.

obliterate

Sep 2, 2009
Well not to be rude or anything but seriously...I was bored...I knew what he would say...I was bored...and I know what he'll say about assassin's creed 2

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
I agreed with most of it. Yes, the single player campaign is short which is a bummer, but it is so packed with action, that it was the best 6 hours of my gaming experience EVAARRRRRR. And no, I am not a fan boy.

So yeah, good one :)

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Wow. This review made me not like the game even more. Thanks for the head's up, Yahtzee.

I'm not exactly a fan of the protagonist getting killed every 5 minutes either. That's just cheap.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
I wonder if this review can apply to Mobilized at all? It doesn't have No Russian or anything, but, well...

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Six hours of single player?
yeah, I'll pass.
That is 6 hours on Hardened. One step below Veteran(Hardest). If you play it on Easy or Medium you'll probably rush through it in 3 to 4 hours at most.

Nice review but I found it a bit confusing, like the whole story in MW2. Still don't see what Shepard would gain to declare war with a nation.

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
I know exactly what mission you were talking about, Yahtzee... I died a lot in that one too, then BANG, your character is dead for good.

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
Zefar said:
Akalabeth said:
Six hours of single player?
yeah, I'll pass.
That is 6 hours on Hardened. One step below Veteran(Hardest). If you play it on Easy or Medium you'll probably rush through it in 3 to 4 hours at most.

Nice review but I found it a bit confusing, like the whole story in MW2. Still don't see what Shepard would gain to declare war with a nation.
Took me 5 hours on Veteran. *shrug*

knight56

Aug 12, 2009
A good review while not spouting off the same bollucks we hear from everyone else. This is why we love you...and your British accent too...

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
Lord Frunkamunch said:
So wait, does ANYONE who posts within the first five minutes get banned, or is it only the ones who claim to have watched the video/yell "first"? This has been bugging me for a while.
They only get put on probation, which is really just like a warning. Unless of course they post something like 'I am a troll' in which case they get suspended!!!