Zero Punctuation: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I picked up on most of these things in the Demo, all it had going for it was nice scenery.

Also, that fart gag at the end had me crying with laughter, because I can picture myself doing it...to all of my friends...in a tiny room.

Srdjan Tanaskovic

Oct 20, 2010
Broken microphone it seems. and I haven't played the game but I think that making a 2D Castlevania into 3D will be very hard so I dont really understand why Yahtzee is against the change so much

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
I must say I disagree about the 3D Castlevania thing. I really liked Lament of Innocence, it was pretty fun and engaging. Even though it had like... 3 characters.

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Uhg. That ending was surprisingly gross. I'm glad it cut off where it did...

Also: the cake is a lie.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
Thank you for breaking out the stamps. This CastleVania ripped off too much and did nothing to help the series. SotN at least broke the franchise out of its side scroller rut, but I realize that "MetroidVania" isn't what they want to continue doing either. If they keep running with this Dracula being the real Dracula, they're going to get a lot of raised eyebrows.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
The second I saw the portal reference, I expected the rest of the critique.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
While all your points are pretty much spot on...I'm still having a blast with it. I don't find it to be a bad imitation of God of War(mostly because I only played #3 at a friend's house for about an hour). The combat works for me, the camera mostly focuses on what I need to see, and I love the scenery so far. I was actually just booting it up when I saw that you posted this video. Weird.

Just to add some pros to the experience...I think the Voice Acting is pretty good, and its certainly an enjoyable experience thus far. A lot of creature variety and nothing is feeling particularly dragged out surprisingly.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Yes, but did he LIKE the game?

LWS666 said:
will they put me on probation if i haven't watched the video even if it's just to ask this question?
I think if you wait the requisite 5 minutes, it's all good.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Finally! It feels like ZP is back. This one had my a laughing all the way. All new metaphors, all new insults, and same ol' voice. Life's good.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
ranyilliams said:
i think you should stop using the whole "like god of war...but" joke...its getting old.
So are games that are like God of War but...

OT: The demo pretty much told me that I wouldnt like so Im not even concerned about Yahtzee's opinion

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
4:52
Oh god (of war) damnit all, I haven't laughed like that at a ZP video in a while.