Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Sentios

Oct 4, 2007
I'm more disturbed by the 2 and half minutes of ads tacked on the end of the video than I am about not getting a new one this week... really I don't think bumping an old video was the correct move and they should have instead just put up a notice that there wouldn't be a ZP this week... like they did when he visited valve.

Azurmanth

Jun 12, 2008
Well, having watched every review Y. has made around a thousand times, I still manage to laugh at this one. Stop whining, we're kinda lucky to have them at all. Plus, maybe one day Y. will make a new one about the Consoles, it'd be interesting to see how his thoughts on them have evolved now the Wii and PS3 can be classified as "Gaming Consoles" and not "Bricks that take up space in my living room".

sapient

Jan 23, 2008
Did you just unearth one of Yahtzee's vids from months ago and re-release it?

You're not Blizzard. Just tell us Yahtzee can't show this week, just like you did on Christmas.

Dantai813

May 14, 2008
I don't care where you are, you should be ready to attend to my every needs when concerning my weekly need to watch the one funny thing on the internet that I haven't already watched sixteen thousand times!!!

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
BOO!
BOO!
*Throws a rotten tomato in the general direction of the escapist staff*

It's only fair that the next *real* episode should be twice as long as this *antique*.

BKCK2k3

Jun 12, 2008
The only thing that disturbs me is that in the ads at the end of the clip, it says "New Videos All Week" and then proceeds to show the titles which leads you to think these are the series that are getting new videos all week... including Zero Punctuation... which didn't get a new video this week... it got an old one.

But then, knowing the style of humor that The Escapist shapes itself around, I can't help but wonder if they weren't twisting the knife on all those that they knew would cry "Foul!" at the ZP Rerun. Perhaps it was an anticipatory strike... their way of saying "We will screw with your minds for a week by claiming to have 'New Videos All Week', and lay that claim in the very video that isn't new, but old, and there's nothing you can do about it."

As for commenting on the content of the rerun itself, meh. The Console Rundown was mildly funny, but they could have picked a different one, like the Mailbag Showdown, now that was hilarious, in my humble opinion. Perhaps this whole debacle is buildup for Mailbag Showdown part deux. Only time will tell.

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
he should just have made a second movie over the past 2 weeks and posted that.

Mayby another mailbag showdown. Those are funny and easaly available when creativity fails.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
BKCK2k3 said:
As for commenting on the content of the rerun itself, meh. The Console Rundown was mildly funny, but they could have picked a different one, like the Mailbag Showdown, now that was hilarious, in my humble opinion. Perhaps this whole debacle is buildup for Mailbag Showdown part deux. Only time will tell.
I was disappointed at first when the mailbag showdown appeared. "Hang about," thought I, "where is my usual dose of game-slating, mockery and general belly-laughedness at another hyped-beyond-belief game?" Yahtzee never fails to disappoint, though; that was the funniest response to hatred I've ever seen.

Alas, I doubt this whining will even reach his superhuman brain, for he will be far too busy ignoring us all to death.

Saxon-Mercenary

May 7, 2008
Well, dang. I was looking forward to a new installment but you did pick one of my favorites next to "All the sexy violence". See you guys next week.

erikvduyn

The worst at Linux
Apr 2, 2008
why didn't you you just post a message saying that you just couldn't show a new one? if i wanted to see this one again, i'd just go back about 2 pages.
still, it's funny as shit!

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
I honestly have to say that when I saw this video again, I thought the apocalypse was truly upon us.

First Yahtzee reviews RPGs (one of which being a JRPG), then a tornado nearly touches down in my city (which would've been the most exciting thing I've seen in my life had I not missed the last one by not being born yet), and now a re-post of a Zero Punctuation video?! I was about to shout out something along the lines of "LUCY YAHTZEE! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!"... but then I notice the 256 comments at the bottom and I thought, "Well, if 256 people can still watch it and say they love it like some little puppet dancing on a string tied to Yahtzee's finger, then there's no point going against the crowd", in which I see you've explained your absence, and a damned good explanation at that.

So with nothing else to say, I should probably just say something "Can't wait for the next one!" or "You better win that fucking Webby award, or I will never forgive you or your fans!"

Yeah, that first one sounds better; let's use that one. Can't wait for the next one!

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
Well it never hurts to take a look back, and you have to admit that its nice taking a look at how far ZP has come, so to yahtzee congratulations, and to those who wont stop complaining, suck it up.

bluemarsman

Apr 6, 2008
I thought this was going to be a second look at the consoles now that things have leveled out some. I was dissapointed by this.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Next time, please just tell us that you don't get around to making the video instead of reposting an old one. You did so earlier, why not this time?
I, too, thought it was another console rundown at first and was very disappointed. I have to admit that I only read the note after I started watching the episode and thought "why the hell does this seem so familiar?". Still, the note itself would've been sufficient and less confusing.