Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

theeman2000

Feb 21, 2008
oh well, this was one of the best episodes of zero punctuation out there, so i'm glad they chose this one as the re-run.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I dont care about nostalgic looks at how far we have come and how the videos have evolved. I watch every review again at least once a week, so this is just selling me what i would have bought anyway if they hadnt bothered. If anyone wants a nostalgic trip of Yahtzees increasingly excellent reviewing ability then just visit fullyramblomatic and watch his first 2 videos, or click the tiny 2 at the bottom of the page and watch this one anyway. Which btw is sharing the same bloody thread! They didnt bother doing anything in complete honesty, its 100% a copy and paste job.

I would have been happier, note that word, more happy than i am now, with an explaination in a quick blog update. Yes yes I referred to "I" because apparantly some genius' who stalk these forums squeezing there humongus brains through toothpaste tubes to find there car keys, appear to prefer a repost. I'd assume to general majority, with our inferior brains that dare have the sheer audacity to complain or have a say in a forum of open ideas, would prefer the nice write up. I'm sure the whole Escapist magazine hasnt gone, theres a couple of stray unloved, bereieved admins wandering the echoing corridors of the escapists office(s). Hell a Janitor even.

Akaricloud

Jun 13, 2008
TO everyone here crying. Grow a fucking pair.

I'm sorry, but WHAT does Yahtzee or Escapistmagazine owe you? Perhaps I could understand why your all crying if you PAYED to view their content. Once a week Yahtzee releases a video which you all run over here to watch, mooching up the bandwidth and returning nothing. Just I'm 100% sure that everyone who bitches here doesn't click or follow up on the adds.

Quit crying, Yahtzee owes you NOTHING, I'm sure he won't be staying up tonight in a cold sweat over the fact a few people aren't happy with him.

PS.

@NezumiiroKitsune; Refer to said above words about growing pair. Your acting like the big bad Yahtzee came and took your ice cream.

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
Shame there was no new ZP this week. Its my 2 minute high-light of my week. Ah well, perhaps next week will turn better luck. :D

antman9000

Jun 13, 2008
to all you people complaining they did this for no reason, you must be blind

"This week we're all (including Yahtzee) in New York to accept our Webby awards. We'll be back next week with a new Zero Punctuation, but for now, have another look at this encore presentation of one of our favorite episodes, Yahtzee's review of the console war. Cheers, and thanks again to everyone who voted for us."

love ya work Yahtzee

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything, but it does well to keep your customers happy, even if those customers only pay with there time.

So yes I'm upset, I'm over it now dont get me wrong the shock wore off after 6 hoursish. My post was aimed at people who feel a need to post to tell people not to post dissatisfactory remarks in the thread, however my post indeed was therfore doing the exact same thing but in reverse. Oxymoron :p. Anyway, we all have a right to complain, otherwise what the hell would democracy occomplish. I'm dissatisfied therin I complain, enough people complain, things change. Thats how things get done, in the future I hope the complaints, and the suggestions of, instead; just posting a blog update when they cant do a video, get the job done.

Akaricloud: You signed up, just tell people who express there dissatisfaction to "grow a pair". You thought that was so integral to your future and prospects in life, that you could justify signing up just to tell me that. We are all big overgrown babies in a the playpen of the internet (forum) flinging mud at each other. We all have this wonderful dellusion that we alone are right, and everyone else is a moron who should shut up. Unfortunatly this causes stupidity merely to grow and grow until were all calling each other good sir and writing long overly verbose responses to a remark that was barely worth commenting on the begin with. Oh how futile life has become :p I'm going to keep complaining thanks.

Marriot

Mar 19, 2008
the fine print in the front page says sorry for this repeat because Yahtzee and the team are accepting an award you have graciously voted for us to win. So quit complaining

AlphaWolf13

Mar 20, 2008
Crap_haT said:
NO IT'S NOT XD

MGS4 is out. And I have completed it. MEWHAHAHA
Why should I care? MGS4 will be awesome, but in any case, I don't care if you beat it... But did you enjoy it??

Also, why is everyone whining? They said that he's out and it was a rerun...

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything, but it does well to keep your customers happy, even if those customers only pay with there time.
Um if you haven't noticed the Escapist is probably generating income from the ads and online store. You argument is firmly rooted in the Ass-like (Ass as in the animal, not the body part) mentality to commerce. The Escapist doesn't need to focus on entertaining YOU when its pretty clear that while a few disgruntled readers leave, more people will come to replace them. This is the internet, theres always somebody stumbling on to a website for the first time.

Also democracy isn't the right to complain, its the right to the illusion of contributing to society.

EDIT:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything,
WTF? If the don't exist without us than that would mean they owe us for paying attention, you've contradicted your first two sentences in the opening of the third.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
mikespit1 said:
Excellent installment. More people need to watch this.
This was the ninth comment on the original thread for this video. This is quote made me laugh in retrospect, considering the general clusterf*** that Zero Punctuation has become.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Eyclonus said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
Um if you haven't noticed the Escapist is probably generating income from the ads and online store. You argument is firmly rooted in the Ass-like (Ass as in the animal, not the body part) mentality to commerce. The Escapist doesn't need to focus on entertaining YOU when its pretty clear that while a few disgruntled readers leave, more people will come to replace them. This is the internet, theres always somebody stumbling on to a website for the first time.

Also democracy isn't the right to complain, its the right to the illusion of contributing to society.

EDIT:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything,
WTF? If the don't exist without us than that would mean they owe us for paying attention, you've contradicted your first two sentences in the opening of the third.
Okay then you win, heres a deflated baloon and £2 off your next armpit hair cut. I dont care, I know democracy doesnt work, but it entitles us the right to complain, even if no one listens. I wish I could make Red Dragon buffer, dammit I hate Youku.

Ad companies wont pay the escapist piddley squat if theres no one to click the links, and Yahtzee makes up a sizeable proportion of there ranking figures. Not really making a point there, but he does, I think the escapist rankings went up by 3,000,000 visitors when they enlisted Yahtzee. If I can get the figures again I'll post them. Since, he's brought many more into the fold. I now personally enjoy The Escpaist for multiple things, and many of my other favourite webtoons are on here. So, I've forgotten where I was going with this, oh right yes thats the ticket, I just going to enlighten you futher, hurrah, by saying I dont think anyone has left because of this. Us leaving was just an theoretical scenario, totally hypthetical. I think it was in response to erm... something about them not owing us something? Probably. Anyway have a fantastic evening, I'm going to go cry into a salty sponge of syringes, I really hate Youku. However I finally have got Silence of the Lambs to buffer :D Yay, off.