Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
Okay then you win, heres a deflated baloon and £2 off your next armpit hair cut. I dont care, I know democracy doesnt work, but it entitles us the right to complain, even if no one listens.
And as a consolation prize for such over-dramaticsm I bestow upon you sudden aviation via an elevating foot to the gluteus maximus.
Further more on what interpretation of democracy are you basing this off?
French, Ancient Greek, American, British or Australian?

NezumiiroKitsune said:
I just going to enlighten you futher, hurrah, by saying I dont think anyone has left because of this. Us leaving was just an theoretical scenario, totally hypthetical. I think it was in response to erm... something about them not owing us something?
Well of course no ones left, if someone was that offended to leave they would've at least dumped a post calling us all crazy madmen for paying even the slightest attention to this site. Also the correct term whether your British, American or Canadian is Hypothetical.

GrumpySanzo

Jun 18, 2008
Leave the poor beggar alone. Yahzee needs a week off just like the rest of us. Give him chance to regain his bile and then he'll be back.

deviousoverdose

May 9, 2008
What the hell is this? An encore presentation of an episode that is stored on the web is like eating a 32 oz steak then waiting 24 hours and watching it hit he toilet then EATING IT AGAIN! Double U Tee Eff! ZP you have your shit together. I like your mash up of words and phrases so next time you decide to DVDA your audience at least ask us if we want a reach around.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Eyclonus said:
Also the correct term whether your British, American or Canadian is Hypothetical.
Now that's just poor. Try to remember that the second you result to personal attacks you lose the argument (and yes, the above is a personal attack, as insulting his spelling is also an insult to his intelligence). If you can't enter into a debate without resulting to base insults then you're just plain childish.

But onto the main point: Yahtzee reposting old stuff (and I don't particularly care whether it is him or his editor that made the choice) is out of order. The very least he could have done is given us a half minute video of him saying, in his usual comical way, that he wasn't going to post anything. That'd have stilled the flames and still served the same purpose.

Eyclonus said:
The Escapist doesn't need to focus on entertaining YOU when its pretty clear that while a few disgruntled readers leave, more people will come to replace them. This is the internet, theres always somebody stumbling on to a website for the first time.
Whilst I appreciate your point that some people just recently stumbling upon the site won't have seen this video, it's a totally null point. That's the whole reason that all of Yahtzee's stuff is archived; so if indeed a new person finds this page, he/she can go look at the old stuff if he/she chooses to.

It's the long-time fans that stick to a contributor when times get rough and keep those viewing figures up. If Yahtzee annoys us, then we'll leave. If we leave then his advertising stops. If his advertising stops he goes out of business. The nature of new viewers is that, unlike loyal fans, their view of Yahtzee's material as a whole is easily influenced. When they've stumbled upon him they'll look back at all his old material (as I myself remember doing when I found this site a few months back). If they see that he repeats stuff, they too will leave. In order to maintain an air of respectability Yahtzee's new viewers would have to exceed the number of leaving viewers. If he provides a poor service then that condition will not be met.

Marvdatboi

Aug 22, 2008
Yea 360 just feels like what a console should be. Great Online support albeit that most f the time its little kids who sound hopped up on crystal meth sugar. The control is simple like back in the day and its not a effing gimmick with motion controls like that piss system wii.

ferrari3000

Aug 23, 2008
Very nice installment, like always. Although I must point out that blue ray is actually 10 times better then a regular DVD, and Sony’s PS3 blue ray player is the top of the line in the market today. If you have a high definition TV, you can tell there is an immense difference.

Crimsoneyelion

Oct 18, 2008
I was just flipping through all your reviews and saw this one...and when you got to the quantum mechanics joke, I nearly shit myself. I'm a physics major, and I think I may have been one of the few people to get the joke "and then the waveform collapsed." Heh, I laughed so hard I was crying.

FoNzO

Nov 20, 2008
Three of my friends own a 360, two own a Wii and I own a PS3. My 360 mates have all had to send their consoles away for repair within the first year and two of them have sent it away AGAIN recently.

My Wii friends played the console for a week and lied to everyone that it's awsome and eventually admitted it was the only console they could afford and then completly fucking destroyed it with a sledgehammer realising they only had to save up a bit more to buy a REAL console.

Then this leaves my PS3, I've had it since it came out I havn't had one problem! And I afforded it because I WORK. Could be luck or maybe this proves which console is more reliable for the money...

Retrofraction

Nov 29, 2008
Army of darkness is a bad exsample for a blue ray dvd. Since it was made before DVD's it was only up converted not refilmed.

if you can find a current Blue ray dvd that just came out you would find that they have a bigger contrast ratio and colors. Mostly you are right the biggest differnce is the resolution.

But the true HD differnce is in the 16:9, lol yep you have four times more pixels going left two right and three times more pixels going up and down, (woot)

But I am a cheepo and don't think it is worth paying $60 dollars for movies that wern't filmed with HD cameras.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I thought the Wii was a terrible idea, "They're bringing back the Nintendo Power Glove??" No matter what console exclusive games comes out to any console, I can still get them, legally or otherwise, on a PC. While console players fork over $500-$1000 for each new console, I can play the same PC for years & years & just buy one or two $150 graphics cards & a nice $50 backlit keyboard.