Zero Punctuation: Crysis 3

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I'm curious as to the human pie capacity. What's the result of your research, Yahtzee?

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
I can't wait until someone tells him ReVengence was about 6 hours

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
I think we just found a new voice for infomercials. "Try new bow and arrow" you say?! "I'll take 20!!"

Also captcha: tea with jam. Bloimy!

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Well, I had a feeling this might blow a while back and that it might as well just be locked away. I suppose you could say I prophesied it winding up in Alcatraz.

Astraleora

Aug 3, 2011
Can't wait until next weeks "Revengence" slaughter, with its made up words and stupid/vaguely racist 'Mexican' poncho disguises its ripe for a beating

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I've never even played a Crysis game. Sounds like maybe that was a good choice.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
But Crysis 3 has so many Emotions! It must be a superior game to those without such wonderful graph-Imeanemotions!

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
WaitWHAT said:
Is this psycho the same guy that Yahtzee referred to in the end credits of his Crysis 1 review?

I quote:

"I do appreciate Crysis for having a British character who never dies, turns evil, or expresses a love of crumpets".
I would assume so, given that Crysis 1 doesn't have any other Brits.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Sounds about right for a Crytek game. Shallow, confusing storyline and an almost insane focus on a single gimmick and graphical fidelity.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Ken_J said:
Yeah, i was thinking that too. Took me about 8 hours on Hard, and i even got some trophy hunting into it.

OT: Seems like my idea that the entire Crysis franchise was worth a miss holds true even by the third game. I find it interesting they'd make their main character essentially evil though. Makes me wonder how they expect you to form any sort of emotional bond with the character if he goes from being a vulnerable-half dead guy in Crysis 2 to a super-soldier asshole in Crysis 3.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Ken_J said:
Yeah, i was thinking that too. Took me about 8 hours on Hard, and i even got some trophy hunting into it.

OT: Seems like my idea that the entire Crysis franchise was worth a miss holds true even by the third game. I find it interesting they'd make their main character essentially evil though. Makes me wonder how they expect you to form any sort of emotional bond with the character if he goes from being a vulnerable-half dead guy in Crysis 2 to a super-soldier asshole in Crysis 3.
I have a theory that we won't be seeing a lot of multi-series consistent protagonists that we can really get immensely attached to after the whole ME3 debacle. Not that I wasn't totally on board with the "Take Back ME3 (or at least give us a flipping epilog you bastards)" movement, but I do think the fallout from that has yet to be fully unfolded. Changing up the protagonist so we don't get too possessive of them as "ours" seems to be on the rise, and I think there's probably some logic behind that. Not loving it myself, but I recognize the logic from the developer / producer point of view.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
I completely agree with all of the points he made, especially the note about being so damn lazy you can not cover up the poorly done expansion pack for full game price, you do not bother to CHANGE THE DAMN XBOX PICTURE!

Only point... Arrows do more damage. They are larger and often make a hole so big it is easy to bleed out quickly. The real issue is distance, and rate of fire... Something a cloak solves.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Sorry Prophet, I'm sitting pretty under the Rook Islands' sunlight and can wander its viridian hills with a machete and a compound bow that doesn't look ridiculously over-designed.

Plus, y'know, FarCry 3 might not have the deepest story ever, but at least it isn't the one going for the "Aliens are Evil!" grab-bag.

You'd figure Crytek could hire a decent scriptwriter, but no. Blah blah, nanosuit, blah blah, Ceph, blah blah, integration, blah blah prophecy, blah.

There's about zero player agency in there.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
vallorn said:
But Crysis 3 has so many Emotions! It must be a superior game to those without such wonderful graph-Imeanemotions!
This made me laugh, well done. Well done :)

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Having never actually played a Crysis game before, all I can really ask is "Whats your favourite flavour of pie Yahtzee?"