Zero Punctuation: Crysis

YonderGambith

Jan 16, 2008
Good job comming back from in my opinion a sub-par review in silent hill origins and making one of your best reviews yet. You have once again shown why you are the reason so many people vist this website.

Grinfoot

Nov 9, 2007
Dead-on review. Especially the part about the VTOL. I'm just surprised that he didn't mention the ineptitude of a lot of the NKs.

ElliottC666

Nov 15, 2007
Another brilliant review as always. Crysis does look incredible but Mr Croshaw is correct, the vehicles i.e. cars and the helicopter thingy handle like boats and the boats just handle...well....like bricks? Terrible! Other than that and the somewhat lineararity towards the end levels, i think its a good game. And one of yahtzee's finer reviews.

NeoSpriggan

Dec 5, 2007
JakubK666 said:
Muddy62 said:
Excellent REVIEW YAHTZEE
you hit the nail on the hammer before this came out everyone was like"oh this will be one of the best games ever its going to set a new standARds
Well it did...anybody know a game with better graphics.In fact can anybody think of the game that can top Crysis within the next 5 years?
Heres a question, who gives a dam? Games already look excessively good as it is, spewing out pretty graphics is second nature these days since they've had two years to get good at it. True, my comp has no chance in hell of playing Crysis even on low, but then i dont have the money to upgrade often anyway.
Crysis is just an example of how good things can look if you have a behemoth pc of legend that would have cost a small island and all the money its inhabitants posessed.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
well very funny review but im not sure what you actaully think about buying the game. it seems like you were saying buy it only because it is pretty but that sounds totally unlike you, mr. croshaw, so i am forced to ask, what is your final statement about this game? is it worth picking up?

Zalathar28

Jan 16, 2008
One of the best games till the aliens arrive, when it loves its uniqueness.
Vehicles are not too bad, but not useful for fight, use them for rushing through, not fighting in, a jeep is not built to withstand firefights... and VTOL was a bit unmanoeverable, but still fun.

Could do with more exploration though.
oh yeah and the game is too short, cliffhangers are no good...

miraitan

Nov 14, 2007
So I guess if I didn't like Farcry, I shouldn't get Crysis then?

Guess I can check the videos out for the pretty. Will save me a few bob.

Great review again :) canni wait for next week.

JeCa

Jan 16, 2008
JakubK666 said:
Muddy62 said:
Excellent REVIEW YAHTZEE
you hit the nail on the hammer before this came out everyone was like"oh this will be one of the best games ever its going to set a new standARds
Well it did...anybody know a game with better graphics.In fact can anybody think of the game that can top Crysis within the next 5 years?
Actually, there's been rumors (I sort-of trust the person I heard it from) about a Far Cry 2 that'll be based on an uppgraded CryEngine with even more detailed physics!

Oh, and about whining comps;
My comp has a 1.81Ghz AMD single core, 1GB RAM and a GeForce 6600, and it looks completely awful! (I actually bought it in advance of geting a new comp). The sharders could best be described as 8-bit bmp's copy-pasted from Soldat and given a lower opacity in photoshop elements 3.0. Well, that 8800's gonna be appreciated.

Grizzzzzzzz

Nov 21, 2007
At least all the "OMgF ReeVIEw CRYSIS PLAZ!11!!!!1!!shift+one!1" people will shutup now.

All that's left is are the ones screaming "OMgF ReeVIEw COD4 PLAZ!11!!!!1!!shift+one!1".

Fairly decent review to add to the pile. Getting a bit tired of pure FPS/Platform game reviews though ;0

Surprised i havn't seen any spam for RTS games yet.

thebrink

Dec 5, 2007
wow, didn't think this would come...I still expected a little more, maybe a bit on super powers, it's not like that roof-jumping was neglected in AC review. I have more than a few sections in Crysis where I jumped up a 2 story building and knocked the living fuck out of some korean dude before he saw it coming. How many games can you do that in? Ok, maybe most of them, but not as spectacularly.

I honestly heard the alien spaceship part and thought Yahtzee was going to tear it a new one. For those that didn't play it (if there are any here) there is a section of the game where you have very little weapons (like a pistol with 10 rounds and a shotgun with 4 shells) and have to float around an alien mothership beating up giant alien sperms. It sucks balls, more balls than it should for giant alien sperms (I feel clevar). It's not cause it's too hard but you have to chase these fuckers that move 3 times as fast as you, and your only option for killing them is to grab and punch them. The first half of the game is Superman, you can leap tall buildings and run upside the enemy's asshole, the alien spaceship demotes you to toddler in the deep end of the pool...

So yeah...more bashing on the bad parts, more comments on the good parts....feel a little cheated...

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Pure sweet awesome goodyness....
When thinking that ZP couldn't make better reviews.

Game itself seems ok... Unfortunatly I have never been able to drewl on graphics since all my computers failed to run the latest games at the time on full ress, so I ignore it.

Spindrifter

Oct 5, 2007
That may have been the best description ever of difficult flight controls. I'd totally steal it if I hadn't already told everyone I know about ZP!

graphic

Jan 16, 2008
I´ve got a pc that runs crysis... on middle to low graphics. And once the eye candy is gone it´s a pretty average FPS. I´ve had much more fun playing Bioshock, Gears of War, cod 4 and the orange Box (all for pc). Crysis is just overrated

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Thumbs up! Zero Punctuation's really on a roll again since 0rigins =).

Agree 95%, the 5% disagreement is with the vehicle concerns. I did enjoy using the cars and boats. With a little practice, they are relatively easy to control and if you deploy them sparingly, they're great for crossing the distance from one skirmish to the other. The aircraft bit is 100% true though, flying it was positively bollocks and the QA should have definitely tested it more. Much more.

graphic

Jan 16, 2008
JakubK666 said:
Muddy62 said:
Excellent REVIEW YAHTZEE

In 5 years I can name you 50 games that topped crysis on graphics. 5 years ago the unreal2-engine had unbelivable graphics and if you look at it now it looks like plastic.