Zero Punctuation: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Huh, surprised about the QTE's.

I seem to recall Swery hosting a fucking game developer hoe down over the combat in Deadly Premonition. He wanted none of that shit, so the director's cut made every super super easy out of personal spite over the loss of the great Access Games riot of 2010.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I can't imagine making something episodic with little promotion is going to help matters. Unless they expect people to pick up the early episodes eventually and do the whole word of mouth thing.

Toblo1

Jun 1, 2014
Is it just me, or was Yahtzee surprisingly semi-gentle in this review? He had the negative points, but he didn't exactly bash the game to tiny little pieces either.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
This delectable dissertation did deconstruct and dismember this detritus decisively. Disinterest declared directly!

Alek The Great

May 24, 2011
Roofstone said:
Huh, surprised about the QTE's.

I seem to recall Swery hosting a fucking game developer hoe down over the combat in Deadly Premonition. He wanted none of that shit, so the director's cut made every super super easy out of personal spite over the loss of the great Access Games riot of 2010.
I actually found the QTEs hilarious and quite fun on the Kinect just because it felt like you were orchestrating some incredibly elaborate and absurd action sequence but I imagine they were quite dull on the controller. I honestly recommend playing this game with the Kinect over playing it with a controller especially when it comes to a few of the side quests and the aforementioned action sequences.

While I did find the game really enjoyable I do agree that the second episode could have been better - especially the midpoint.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
choren64 said:
I can only imagine how long it took to come up with all those D-based sentences...
You have seen Rhymedown, right? Yahtzee's this generation's master poet(I seriously can't think of anyone besides Seuss)

Falseprophet said:
This delectable dissertation did deconstruct and dismember this detritus decisively. Disinterest declared directly!
But did Diddy do it? Diddy did do it

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Always dutifully denouncing detrimental and decrepit design that disregards depth for disconnected dreariness... dishwasher.

Damn, that took me like 15 minutes, I am defiantly no natural at word play.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Toblo1 said:
Is it just me, or was Yahtzee surprisingly semi-gentle in this review? He had the negative points, but he didn't exactly bash the game to tiny little pieces either.
Yeah, he seems to have mellowed a bit.

(As an aside, I don't see anything that weird about hanging out with a sexy catwoman, in that I'm FB friends with at least one)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So did anyone count how mand D's words Yatzee spoke in today episode? I was thinking around less than a hundred?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So many D-words in that opening and closing. Just Bravo, Yahtzee! You are truly one of the most warped wordsmiths on the World Wide Web working wacky wonders with the waddling wank you wish you can wash off. Wow, even I don't know how I did that!
Renegade-pizza said:
choren64 said:
I can only imagine how long it took to come up with all those D-based sentences...
You have seen Rhymedown, right? Yahtzee's this generation's master poet(I seriously can't think of anyone besides Seuss)

Falseprophet said:
But did Diddy do it? Diddy did do it
What didn't Diddy do?!
Casual Shinji said:
By God, we're gonna get the most out of that Mussolini head!
Of course we are! He looks like Lex Luthor on an acid trip. Or bath salts.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
The game was announced at E3 so I am not sure where he got the idea that they never marketed the game.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
"And you share an apartment with an insane scantily clad woman who thinks she's a cat. Now, I'm lost."

Weird way to pronounce "intrigued", but whatever.

Anyway, as much of a cult following as Deadly Premonition has for being so weird and bad, I personally just found it kinda meh with the weirdness being more of an occasional caffeine shot than a driving force, so that this is a bit lackluster doesn't come as a huge surprise. Still... I might check it out if for no other reason than morbid curiosity. Plus, I'm apparently the only person in the world who has no real beef with QTEs.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Fuck yeah, wordplay review. I missed those. Will also be stealing the "metabolizes like a fucking nuclear submarine" bit, if you don't mind.