Zero Punctuation: Daikatana - John Romero's B****

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Loki_The_Good said:
Being offended by the way is perfectly valid but let's pretend those people are big boys and can speak for themselves. When one of them does I will be happy to discus that issue at that time.
Start from there next time, rather than preemptively mocking people who might be acting out of nothing more than empathy for the people who actually are hurt or offended. Even if I had no difficulties in my life, I've worked with enough people who have and dislike/are offended by the word "retarded" that I could empathise with them because I'm a freaking human being.

blackrave said:
and just fuck already!
My girlfriend would kill me.

Besides "retard" is also opposite of "forward"
Maybe Yahtzee used it in that way.
If you're tired of this argument being here, the worst thing you could do is provide a reason to continue it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
remnant_phoenix said:
Thank you for making me join your immature-laughter-circle. This seems like a fun place to hang out.
Let the immaturity reign!

A circle might be too organised, though.

Aug 12, 2013
Loki_The_Good said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Loki_The_Good said:
well, why did you respond then?
Because I wasn't just speaking for other people.

You do understand you can address multiple people including yourself, right?

You assumed I was doing what you wanted me to be doing because it was convenient. Nothing more.
Well whether you have a disability or not you are only included in that group if you found that offensive which your tone kind of indicates is something you don't. Maybe I'm wrong but otherwise your still jumping to the defense of hypothetical people while ignoring the real one in front of you.
As a disabled man. I don't like word retarded but since I don't like people telling me what I can and can't say and I try not to tell other what they can or can't say either and as Val Kilmer said in Tombstone my hypocisy only goes so far. I wasn't offended by it because Croshaw has said many times in the past and most of the times he says as a joke or as a critique.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
............3 pages of comments.... Over 100 of them...... And NOBODY saw what Yahtzee was doing..... *sigh*
1. Go look at the JonTron controversy over the word retarded he twated.
2. Go look at this video JonTrons first video.
This was his way of saying he is on team JonTron I do not think he gives a shit if you do not like his use of the word retarded......

Waddles

Mar 16, 2010
Really enjoyed this Yahtzee. Your videos are always better when you review something you are clearly interested in and WANT to review rather than just because it came out recently.

Hoping to see more in this series and maybe a different kind of series that interests you!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I came here for the 6-shot policeman comments...and am thoroughly disapiointed. The mystery of the 6-shot rule evades me. Is it some inherited cowboy instinct they have no control over?

Cidward

Jul 7, 2014
I'm enjoying the "special" moments in gaming history vids. I knew the legend of E.T.: Destroyer of Industries, but this is a lore story I hadn't really paid attention to, either at the time or through the years. Look forward to more stuff like this.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
Cidward said:
I knew the legend of E.T.: Destroyer of Industries, but this is a lore story I hadn't really paid attention to, either at the time or through the years.
...Really?

Well, don't stop with this video, then. What you and anyone else interested in the whole story needs is Knee Deep in a Dream. Originally published on Gamespot, it tragically keeps vanishing into the ether. You can look at it (text only, but that's fine) at http://web.archive.org/web/20130424220616/http://www.n2op.com/jim/daikatana.html .

Fun fact: Blizzard was on track to release a rather primitive version of Starcraft when someone saw Ion Storm's "Dominion" at E3 and they realized they had to step up their game majorly. Little did they know that the "demo" Ion Storm had running was a completely pre-rendered video that the developers were just pretending to play, and that the game was nowhere near release...
http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/starcraft-orcs-in-space-go-down-in-flames

That links to the Dallas Observer's account, which also looks pretty nifty:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/1999-01-14/news/stormy-weather/full/

Oh! And if you're really bored, Romero once posted a ROM of the unreleased Game Boy Color version of Daikatana. It's vaguely amusing. (Plays more like the old Game Boy James Bond game more than anything else.)

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Nion said:
I'm pretty sure the game industry has outsourced treating its audience with giggling contempt to the journalists.
Frankly, I was kinda surprised that wasn't where the intro song snippet was going.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
I came here for the 6-shot policeman comments...and am thoroughly disapiointed. The mystery of the 6-shot rule evades me. Is it some inherited cowboy instinct they have no control over?
It's mostly because when the police shoot somebody, they shoot them several times.
People seem to see it as excessive force, but the real reason is because (since bullets aren't instant death spells, and you aren't supposed to shoot someone unless you plan to kill them) the police are trained that if they shoot someone, they should -keep- shooting them until they hit the ground.
Often whoever's getting shot falls against a wall or something, and it takes a while for them to slide down.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
What was that electronic tune from (two played during the video)? It stirs a long dormant memory in me for some 80s hand-held game. Does anyone recognize it?

WildFire15

Jun 18, 2008
Goes to show you how bad Daikatana was that it dragged down a company that created Deus Ex and Anachronox