Zero Punctuation: Darksiders

Mar 16, 2009
It is strange how all of them are coming out at the same time. I only have a 360, so I'm waiting for all to be released before I make a decision over which to buy. But by then ME2 will be out, and the Escapist won't hear from me for a month.

Why the bloody hell would that banned fellow say "Yahtzee has done it again?" Was there some doubt as to whether or not he would meet his contractual obligations to release the weekly show he has never failed to miss over the past few years? At this point it's like saying "Yahtzee has an accent."

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I think that was one of the best ZPs Yahtzee's done in months, if not longer.
I guess I prefer the more traditional review formula of, "Synopsis, notable features, overall impression," but he does it quite well.
There were fewer tangents than usual, but it made the few, particularly the "I am a monster truck who walks like a man" thing all the more memorable.
Still, this seems like he was particularly inspired, or feeling quite on the ball at the time of making this review; sometimes one does just do something better than they usually do.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I liked Darksiders. It's DMC and LOZ blended with an apocolypse. Darksiders always gets compared to God Of War but only the finishers are like God Of War and nothing else since the blue souls are currency like the red orbs of DMC. The game definately seems to copy, paste alot of things from popular games but it's done very well.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
oho man! Havent had a good laugh like that in a while.

I never intended to buy the game (and by "Buy" I mean "Buy, rent or play") anyways. I heard that it had some christian theology tid bits and that made me skeptical. Most people who try to incorporate christian theology into popular media (Movies it was Legion, Darksiders represents video game industry) usually fail miserably. This isnt a bash against Christianity, just that some people wind up misconstruing everything about it. (again..... Legion people............)

My prediction is that Dantes Inferno is going to be a terrible attempt at an old literary work and fan boys will say its gonna be amazing and try to justify it by its combat, but they really only wanna see some boob-age (and some of them, penis...... age)

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Everything he said in this review is true. And I agree with it. ALL. The worst thing?

I still love the game and will continue to do so until I've cleaved enough meat from demon bones in order to feed the five thousand!

Wow, I'm rather impressed with that line. Go me! :D

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
If you got stuck with choosing War 40k, Darksiders, or World of Warcraft's sense of clothing style, which one would it be?

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
man, I really liked this one, I haven't had so many out loud laughs at a game's expense since the AVGN shoved all the bad batman games up Joker's ass.

tsiegtiez

Sep 9, 2009
Complexity seems to stand in for advancement or innovation these days with cutting edge pc and console games, which really does depress me. I mean, I'm all for proper implementation of the newer and better hardware, and if it can do more, great. But at the same time I still want my games to be fun, you know? Intuitive controls and a reasonable goal make it easy to play anything, from a brawler to a racer to a puzzler. I don't need to be able to see every nose hair my avatar has, but if the technology can do it, I guess that's cool? When a very pretty and involved game suffers from control or camera issues, I can't help but always wonder if investment in one detracted from the other.

Demoliboy2

Dec 21, 2009
WAit a second.. Did he said twilight princess was good?

First time i hear him said a zelda game was good O.O

On topic: Pretty good review, but i would love to fight with death..

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Haha yes! Us Warhammer nerds finally got beamed! XD

I'll point out Darksiders is SHITE but Bayonetta fucking rocks! <<

Regardless, good stuff! ^^

Stormshadow243

Dec 18, 2007
LogicNProportion said:
Haha yes! Us Warhammer nerds finally got beamed! XD

I'll point out Darksiders is SHITE but Bayonetta fucking rocks! <<

Regardless, good stuff! ^^
Darksiders is awesome in what it does. If you're comparing the two directly you've clearly missed the point of the game.