Zero Punctuation: Demon's Souls

Helba1984

Dec 17, 2009
beema said:
I was initially interested in this game, but more and more it's sounding like something I would completely hate. Checkpoints only after bosses? Come on, in ass-rape games you at least need the ability to save frequently!

I'd probably just end up rage-quitting, by which I mean hurling my ps3 controller across the room and then having to spend an hour painstakingly supergluing one of the buttons back together...again.

If it's too infuriating for Yahtzee, then I'm not even going to bother.
Check my post history, I have point-by-point rebuttals for his review. It's inaccurate and should only be regarded as good comedy and not an honest assessment of the game.

Telekinesis

Apr 26, 2008
Too many people here listening like sheep to Yahtzee.
Stop being such tools.

The game is fantastic. If trial-until-success isn't your cup of tea, that's fine.
Some of us do enjoy a legitimate challenge.

zardosbacon66

Dec 22, 2007
This is my Game of the Year, hands down. Nothing else compares for fun and replay value.

Having poured 100+ hours into, its still fun.

Sheamus

Mar 28, 2009
omg best ever, just because I have it and have died in every way described several times. loved the dragon instant kill part, wild dogs and "in conclusion: Fuck you demon's souls"

love/hate the game, someday I will finish it, and it will be glorious.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Tonimata said:
asam92 said:
Tonimata said:
WAAAAit wait wait wait waaaaaiiiiiitttttt...
wait waiiiiiit...
wait.
Didn't Ms Arendt already review this? Like, AAAAAAAAGES ago?
Falling behind on schedule, Ben? Tsk tsk.
Just to let you know they took ages to release the game here in Australia for a longer than necessary time, hence the reason for being behind.
Aaah, ok, that would make sense, and I sympathize, I'm also prone to receiving goodies later than the rest.
Where are you located btw?
Yeah, i hate getting games late, I actually buy all my games off Play-Asia now, Games are $110 new here in Australia (convert from US$ is about 90 cents to an AUD$) so you can see why we are getting raughted
USA pays $60 for a new game and we pay $100 USD for the same game, but we usually have to wait a couple of weeks before we get it. So Higher price longer waiting period AUSSIE RETAILERS CAN GET STUFFED.

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
Well, the storyline says a thousand soldiers went in and never came back, so I guess THIS TIME THEY MEANT IT, so that explains the difficulty...

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Onmi said:
sephiroth1991 said:
You sold me Yahtzee, i will not buy this game. If you found it hard, then how do most of us have hope.
Great Scott, okay Imma break this down real quick.

Do you learn from experience? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls
If after being shown your own fragility you begin to be cautious? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls
Do you stop to think about your actions? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls

the game within the first 20 minutes shows you it is an unrelenting HELL HOLE that you will not survive until you start thinking, you weren't born with a brain so it could feel hot and floaty it was so you could think.

So yes if your a wimp, Demon's Souls is not for you.

This is 'Hard' in the same sense that God Hand is hard, if you died, it was YOUR fucking fault
Completely true.

Demon's Souls is a game that rewards playing carefully and thinking ahead. On the other end of the spectrum, if you rush ahead like a fool, you will die. And with good reason, as you simply fucked up.

Nobody's fault but your own.

And you know what? When all is said and done, you will feel as though you actually learned something from the ordeal. And you'll have an incredibly powerful character to show for it.

zondervan

Oct 17, 2008
Yhatzee isn't in the job of reviewing games or even playing them, it seems like all he's doing is being negative and playing up for laughs.
It seems like the only games that Yahtzee enjoys are semi-casual action-adventure types with solid stories, which is fine and everything ... but just because a game doesn't fall into that very small catagory, does that mean it's absolute pants and doesn't deserve to be played past the first level? This video has done a disservice to original games, hard-core games, and good games in general.

And I hate to say this seeing as how I have been following Yahtzee, later ZP, since 5 Days a Stranger. Maybe it's just because he's ill, but seriously ... get your act together Yahtzee!

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Hmm...while "hard" isn't always what I go for, I do enjoy a good hack and slash. I might have to try and pick this up whenever I'm rich.

Also, Zondervan, I think that being negative and playing it up for laughs is what Yahtzee has always been about. He's no gaming Ebert or Siskel or whichever one of them didn't die. He's basically just a regular gamer passing on his thoughts with a sarcastic and angry twist.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Onmi said:
sephiroth1991 said:
You sold me Yahtzee, i will not buy this game. If you found it hard, then how do most of us have hope.
Great Scott, okay Imma break this down real quick.

Do you learn from experience? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls
If after being shown your own fragility you begin to be cautious? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls
Do you stop to think about your actions? No? then you suck at Demon's Souls

the game within the first 20 minutes shows you it is an unrelenting HELL HOLE that you will not survive until you start thinking, you weren't born with a brain so it could feel hot and floaty it was so you could think.

So yes if your a wimp, Demon's Souls is not for you.

This is 'Hard' in the same sense that God Hand is hard, if you died, it was YOUR fucking fault
Completely true.

Demon's Souls is a game that rewards playing carefully and thinking ahead. On the other end of the spectrum, if you rush ahead like a fool, you will die. And with good reason, as you simply fucked up.

Nobody's fault but your own.

And you know what? When all is said and done, you will feel as though you actually learned something from the ordeal. And you'll have an incredibly powerful character to show for it.
I don't consider myself good at games. On any online FPS my KD ratio is always less than 1. I can only play the easiest songs in GH on expert and I still haven't beaten the first Assassin's Creed. But I managed to beat Demon's Souls because I think before I act and learn from my mistakes. It's not as hard a gaem as everyone says it is.

Jackogotdumped

May 27, 2009
Haha,Yahtzee you noob, stop playing hard games, you only lose and whine and get pissed off.

Hah, well, now that i think about it that's what makes these vids so fucking funny. Nevermind me, continue with your noob exploration of gaming!

I still think you should give eve another try tho, love that vid...