Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Well I didn't see this one coming. It kept me thinking the whole way: "Wait, what ? When was DNF released ?" but then I realized that the game Yahtzee was describing was way too... much. I guess that's how Yahtzee perfect game looks like.

Great ZP, nice to see a change from the usual weekly review once in a while.

amara2021

Mar 29, 2009
I love how his videos are almost as funny when watched without sound in class. I wonder what was up witht the dolpin race with hitler? Can't wait untill lunch to find out!!! This looks like it might be as good as the halo one.

kavinsky

Feb 11, 2009
okay first response to seeing duke nukem forever under yahtzees spot: wait what? am I reading that right?

I agree completely though, lets forget about this game FOREVER!

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Revelo said:
Actually I did enjoy how Yahtzee presented it as the game we all expected DNF to be, after 12 years of waiting we expected to combine aspects like FPS and RPG elements and create the most in depth video game every known to mankind. If it had been released I would also have expected it to be free, to come with a likesize Duke statue which occasionally commented on how badass and awesome you were.

But yes, lets hope we can forget how develops tried to get our hopes up for 12 years and just messed us about. Once Half Life came out i think it was obvious Duke Nukem was going to be in trouble.
Don't forget the brilliant typing tutor sections and the 'sabotage your neighbor's wii' achievement.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
[Edit]: Oh, never mind... I'll just list my favorite jokes:

Duke Nukem combines elements of FPS, adventure games, RPG:s, RTS:S, typewriting...
controls for Duke's body: triangle to pick your nose... xD
Gun that shoots dogs... *cracks up*

FelixofMars

Oct 31, 2007
I especially like the achievement for beating the c*ap out the Wii fit board no less than the Wii deserves.

I can easily believe that even when confronted with the latest screen shots/videos and the total time wasted fans would still be defending the developers to the hilt. This game should have either come out of died out years ago. I am surprised Take 2 let the farce go on, maybe it was so they could sue 3D realms?

Jan 23, 2009
wel I can honestly say I did not expect that to be this weeks game, but then again theres nothing new out...

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
Was I one of the few people waiting for him todo a Piss take on Duke? I was expecting it last week TBH.

Still I was expecting more of a "mailbag rant" rather than a fake review though. Funny nevertheless.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
It makes a change to the norm, personally I love tongue-in-cheek homour so guess what... I loved it. It was one of the funniest reviews he's done to date.

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
Wow. I was in tears by end of that (tears of laughter thanks to Yahtzee, not tears of sorrow for 3DRealms' plight, obviously).

Brilliant!

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I was not expecting this to be reviewed. On another note, if DNF is released and it is the gaming equivilent of Jesus then Yahtzee will feel like an enormous douche and issue an apology. But the day that happens will be the day that humans have evolved the ability to fly.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Duke Nukem Forever set the standard even higher for its sequel: "Duke Nukem Forever and Ever", but I'm sure 3D Realms will be able to pull it off. After all, look at the masterpieces of the Half Life series from Valve. Just imagine was an equally talented studio like 3D Realms could achieve in, I don't know, 37 years of development.

Here's to an epic sequel.

listerofsmeg

Aug 20, 2008
about 5 minutes before this was posted /b/ had a thread discussing who jerked it to those strippers when they were a kid...guilty as charged.

ProjectJAY

Apr 13, 2009
abso-total-lutely hilarious. ive never laughed so hard in my life. best Yahtzee vid ever, no competition!