Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I think Yahtzee just wants to show he has alot of ideas for games and wants to go farther in his game develpoing career.

Once he first said it was perfect or whatever is when I knew it was fake.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
FelixofMars said:
GuNsLiNgEr X said:
You couldn't have even watched it yet. Why do people bother doing this?
I pray for the day that I am able to open the comments to one of Yahtzee's vids and not see any suspended users in the first 20 comments. Sigh.

Generator

May 8, 2009
At first, I was a little disappointed he was not reviewing a real game, but that really was the only ZP to literally make me laugh out loud in a while.

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
Fucking lawl. I enjoyed this "Review"

Although, come to think of it. What actually went on for 12 years? In 12 years, I've got an education, left school and am joining the military. In 12 years, they made a few screenshots, a few in jokes and nothing to show for it.

bickster

Jan 16, 2009
I really enjoyed this one, had me busting a gut laughing the entire time. Great work like normal.

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
Ok ok I read some comments, and went back to see the disclaimer and now I understand! lol How misleading of you Yahtzee!

runningfatman

Dec 5, 2008
was he serious about this review cause if he was it is wierd totally outa charector and if what he said was true then the game actually sounds stupid and dificult to play

sooperg

Feb 25, 2009
ok, can someone tell me if this review was a joke or not? because there's usually a joke in the credits. this time it said that it was a gag review. so im wondering, is it, or was he f***ing with us again?

tasthesose

Mar 20, 2009
Yhatzee is the man, first off.

Secondly, how depressing was it to work at that company on the production side? To see all of your work just thrown out, then you get moved to another company or project with nothing to show for your time served.

And my third point is this:

12 years and nothing to show for it? Damn, just damn.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
This was quite unexpected, in the best possible sense.

Nice to see Yahtzee take this piss out of Duke - really, the development of this game was so ridiculous that it reads like the premise of a game industry sitcom.

Xkaliber

Apr 30, 2009
*reads through the comments after snickering through the video*

I'm getting the feeling that sarcasm is a foreign life form to a lot of people commenting here...

Were (/are) people seriously thinking that this was an actual review, until someone else pointed out it that it is a joke?

And I completely agree with the review. I gave up waiting for another Duke Nukem After Half Life and the numerous other FPS games that followed came out. It was one of those 'well, I would like to see it some day...' things, you hoped it would happen, but wouldn't really care if it didn't. Also, seriously, 12 years. 12 F'king years. I'd never bothered to pause and think just how long it had actually been, since I'd been seeing preview screenshots since roughly 1999.

This was a delicious slaughtering of a life long running joke. Bravo.

bittman

Sep 11, 2008
Clever work Yahtzee, you actually made me pause to see if I had been epically trolled by 3D realms before I belatedly realised it was you.

Best "review" in a while, good way to break the monotony of quite dull games lately.

Agrosmurf

Mar 31, 2009
The last sentance of the "Review" was when I realized we where all taken for a wonderfull sarcastic ride. :) (i.e it hasent really come out yet.)