Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
OK, this review made me sign up to Escapist just so I can tell everyone that I got a major brain embolism after this was put up. Seriously, I though it came out. But then, aha, nice one, Yahtzee. Very funny review.

Last!

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
you know for the pure novelty of it all I'll actually look forward to duke nukem forever's release. If it does come out I will also laugh my ass off not only because the irony but the amount of people being let down no matter how GOD LIKE it is...

PS: Duke Nukem Forever has been released he just got some green power armor.

swordmageumbra

Apr 15, 2009
I couldn't play DNF on my computer. It exploded from an overload of awesomeness. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, as was said before by others, when I saw that this week's ep was about D(ead) N(ow) F(orget it), I expected a retrospective on the debacle, coupled with ripping the ghost of 3DRealms a new ectoplasmic anal orifice. What we got was so much better: the stealth burn. It sneaks up on you, but it incinerates just as much.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
wolfshrimp said:
Honestly people who say that Yahtzee has lost his touch don't understand how his kind of humour works.
Yeah, his humor is so sophisticated us stupid people just can't wrap our tiny minds around it. That's what it is.

Or.... hmmm... maybe I just didn't find this review that funny? It was one 5 minute long joke. It made me go "heh" at the thought of reviewing a game that'll never get released. But after a few minutes of staring blankily at the rest of his rant, I started to think, "yeah yeah, I get it."

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
haha, I am not up to date with the video game world at all (pretty much watching ZP and Unskippable, adverts and overhearing conversations is how I piece together whats going on), so it took a minute before I realized this was a 'hoax/prank/fake review'.

I had heard that it was taking them a scandalous amount of time to release it and I suspected when it would finally come out it probably would be a generic shooter. But saying that his preconceptions were smashed allowed me to suspend my disbelief until it came to baking a cake on Mars.

From then on I wasn't sure whether to believe this was some amazing vision of a game or whether Yahtzee had completely lost his mind. To be honest half way through I just assumed he had gone completely mad and that within the year he'd be locked up in some asylum. But a 'clever' fake review, as I didn't know it wasn't released yet I didn't consider that option until later on in the video.

All I can say is that I am relieved; the paradox of the new Duke Nukem being the best game of all time has NOT occurred and more importantly, Yahtzee is NOT insane.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I really have to say that this is your best video so far. I didn't expect something like this.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
... Well. That blew my mind.

I actually found myself getting excited about the game, thinking "I'll definitely get this for my new gaming PC!" until a few alarms began sounding in my mind, and I realized it was a big joke. I really ought to pay more attention to goings-on in the real world.

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
AWWW man i cant wait for people to think that its a real review, everyone will think "man noone can be that thick" and then someone will go ahead and prove them wrong.

Astropunk

May 22, 2009
3D realms is a company that makes even Blizzard look on the ball when it comes to deadlines and updates.

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
That was fucking brilliant! I haven't laughed out loud at a Yahtzee review in a while, but this had me doing it long and loudly. Yahzee must have been having a good week or somthing.
Also I confess to having been confused for about a minute when he first started. Then he started some satiracle comments in and I was like "aaah, I see what you did there".

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
14 DVD's? Most likely will be 50 CD's, seeing as that was the medium back in the day when the "project" was begun.
And I may never overestimate the ability to wiggle one's ears to save yourself from a villainous trap.