Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Earth2Me

Feb 20, 2009
HAHAHHAHAHAHHA! *sigh* Yahtzee what are we going to do with you? That WAS hilarious! I had to pause the credits to see what the disclaimer said!

Earth2Me

Feb 20, 2009
Grand_Marquis said:
Just stopping by to, I blindly assume, agree with everyone that this episode was bloody brilliant.
You blindly assume...yes, bloody and brilliant. Brilliant with all the blood...SO BLOODY that it got its own spot on SAW 6! Holy crap, saw 6??? Haven't they given up on that crap yet?

Kage Me

Jul 10, 2008
TheTemby said:
wait wait wait...
the game HAS been releaced??
Did you even watch the movie... He said it wasn't at the end.

Also, yellow submarine. Frickin' A.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
I know very little about the Duke Nukem series, so for the first few minutes I wasn't sure how serious Yahtzee was being =P

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
we should all let it die. just go to the X-Box Arcade and buy Duke Nukem 3D and play that instead of wasting time that could be used for better things... like cleaning gutters or licking electrical sockets (fun times).

wolfshrimp

May 6, 2009
Oookay this review had an amazing effect on me in that I went and read the 10 pages of comments before even considering posting and picked up some interesting things:

Sparrow Tag said:
Yeah, good one Yahtzee. Kicking a dead horse when it's down.

Heres an idea. Make a decent joke and I might actually LAUGH. What happened to the days when you used to be funny?
Awww baby sad because he got his chain yanked by Mr Croshaw? Obviously a case of the fanboy here.

Typhron said:
OH NO MAN U JUST MAD THAT THE GAME HAD THAT BROWN N' GREY GRAPHIC SHIT IT WAS A FUKKIN MASTERPEICE JUST LIKE HALOOO SKRUB
What the fuck does this even MEAN? Somebody please explain!

I was totally taken in, even though I wasn't on the edge of my seat over the release. The thing was the range of gameplay types he mentioned made me think- well if it can do that of course Yahtzee will like it. Then as more stuff started piling up I started getting confused until the end.
Honestly people who say that Yahtzee has lost his touch don't understand how his kind of humour works. I think it's a symptom of the generation where everyone wants it all new and once it isn't cutting edge anymore they move on. As the man himself more or less said during the GoW 2 review sometimes mainstream stuff is popular because it's good (this from and avowedly non-mainstream person)

If DNF ever came into existence and was on the PC (I don't play on microwave, never got the right feel for the controls) it would have to jump some fucking hurdles to live up to the vision Yahtzee has created. Why doesn't someone go and borrow the Doom 3 code and all us ZP fans can contribute to creating it as it should be?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
wolfshrimp said:
*Snipped for high levels of douche*
Fanboy of Duke Nukem? Good lord, I'm a fan of one game and one game only. And it ain't Duke Nukem. I've never even played it.

And just because I insulted something that your a fanboy of, don't take it out on me. It simple leads to a flamewar, as is with all you Yahtzee fanboys.

Brennen

Apr 30, 2009
should have saved this review for 01/04/10
Don't worry Duke, I still believe in you [sniff] :(