Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Mearno

May 22, 2009
Was shocked cause I thought it was out, then realised it was a satire

Great watch

leastat03

Jun 1, 2009
This is, by quite some distance, one of the funniest and most killing reviews I've ever seen. Awesome work Yahtzee!

Sonicdude

Jan 2, 2009
I remember when I saw the leaked footage for the game. It looked so awesome and so promising and then 3D Realms kicked the bucket and had to step down from the gaming industry to do other things that I don't really care about and now I think I'll go play some Half-Life 2

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Revelo said:
GuNsLiNgEr X said:
First to be banned on this thread you mean.

Actually I did enjoy how Yahtzee presented it as the game we all expected DNF to be, after 12 years of waiting we expected to combine aspects like FPS and RPG elements and create the most in depth video game every known to mankind. If it had been released I would also have expected it to be free, to come with a likesize Duke statue which occasionally commented on how badass and awesome you were.

But yes, lets hope we can forget how develops tried to get our hopes up for 12 years and just messed us about. Once Half Life came out i think it was obvious Duke Nukem was going to be in trouble.
And finally I can get to playing it on my Dalek entertainment system and after I'm done, maybe we could go play Quiddich on Mars?

Excellent review, and yes, I was also tear-jerkingly moved by the dryhump in a bikini, but even more moved when Duke's son did the same thing

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
thank you yahtzee for sending those dirtbags and crooks at 3D realms to hell with their pretentious and lengthy game; btw thank you for being both an intelligent and satirical game journalist as well (we are in such a short supply of those...)

LegionSeere

Feb 3, 2009
lol I actually remember being excited about DNF back in 1998 when my friend told me about it after we clocked duke nukem 3d. Amazing to think 3D realms could get away with just sitting in a room moving there finger over there lips going bbbbbbbb for 12 years though, that has to be a record

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
bloody brilliant.

and top speed too, the ad at the end seems sluggish in comparison. well done. :)

herr.Didi

Apr 17, 2009
Now that was great!!
I didn't expect this at all; So, the great DIDI predicts that your next game will be Sims 3!!!

lordock

Jun 3, 2009
I actually found Duck Forever AMAZING!! best FPS EVER!! My favorite Part had to be the gun that shot shurikens and lightning!! Not only that the gun also had tits and was on fire!!! How asome is that!!

oh wait... am i getting confused with a different game? :p

kaosboy13

Jul 3, 2008
ark123 said:
kaosboy13 said:
kaosboy13 said:
What? He reviewed a game he LIKED? I'm gonna call Satan and ask him if he's okay, because I think Hell just froze over.
Oh wait, this one was never released. Now I feel stupid...
As you should
Feel free to bite me, and get a life, you little internet troll.

the cat

Dec 27, 2008
The Monkeys owe them a refund! However, unless that is the game they intended. I can tell you this, LMS was the most toxic character ever created for any game. I fail to see how that would benefit the game as a whole. I just can't reconcile anything with regard to that. It was like the characters were being held hostage with threats of suicide, and then tortured. Why would you inject that into the game? How do you think the audience is going to respond. That project was doomed from the beginning.

damesjean

Jun 3, 2009
kaosboy13 said:
ark123 said:
kaosboy13 said:
kaosboy13 said:
What? He reviewed a game he LIKED? I'm gonna call Satan and ask him if he's okay, because I think Hell just froze over.
Oh wait, this one was never released. Now I feel stupid...
As you should
Feel free to bite me, and get a life, you little internet troll.
he's not trolling, in fact he's the only person who's said anything worthwhile on this goddamn thread. he was simply pointing out that you said something stupid.