Zero Punctuation: Epic Mickey

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Good review.

Now that you mentioned at the end Mr. Croshaw, Disney is pretty much toe to toe with Dreamworks SKG. Hardly anyone remembers Mickey Mouse.

I still have fond memories that Capcom help make Magical Quest for the SNES.

Feb 13, 2008
Ok, I had to pause at 3:16
(Gosh, that's rather appropriate)
to get my head around "The camera is like the working class. If you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you."

That's either the most profound or the most surreal thing I've heard this year, I think.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
I know you'll probably rip it a new one but I would really like to see a Zero Punctuation on Chrono Trigger, my favourite game of all time. Its because I really like the retro reviews. Please if you do it go easy on it.

HyperEffective

May 12, 2010
That cartoon panel is pretty dark. Makes me wonder if Walt was still alive would this have lived up to that kind of potential

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Bring back old yahtzee from the cave :)

That whole plush mascot thing is just wrong. Just for people who enjoy giant stuffed animals i guess.(girls only)

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
haha, good job I won't ever play that game else I'd be making sure that every little piece of every little level were either evil or good (or whatever the concept is). Could not stand a half-half job.

Andrew Sepulveda

Dec 3, 2010
haha part i love
"kindom heart is more egy than this"
and "mr.wii wat do you think every other cousole has 2 anolog stick"

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ok, I had to pause at 3:16
(Gosh, that's rather appropriate)
to get my head around "The camera is like the working class. If you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you."

That's either the most profound or the most surreal thing I've heard this year, I think.
I've got a copy of the Communist Manifesto if you want to borrow it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
so hilarious, and so true...

and wow he was so nice to the Wii! that caught me off guard

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I loved this review. It's good to see people finally tearing down the walls that are sheltering Disney so much that they think they don't even have to try anymore...

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
I see lots of others noticed the ipod imp ad at the end too, that's more Epic than this game it seems. First time I really enjoyed seeing an advert in my video that I enjoyed lol.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
A Mickey Mouse comic where he actually tied to commit suicide? How much you wanna bet they'd never get away with something like that nowadays?

That being said, I'd still play this game despite the lack of dark/edgynesss, 'Cause it does have an interesting take on the Disney Mythos.

(And even if it did, I'd play it anyway because I like when well-known/generally kiddy stuff like Disney gets a darker reimagining/twist. Dunno why, I just like the idea.)

CaptainLudicrous

Mar 19, 2010
That was a lot of child molestation jokes. Kind of put me off to be honest. Other than that though, the review really crystallized what I have been hearing about the game. I think that I will avoid it.

Abominus

Mar 4, 2009
I can't see anyone else mentioning it in the above comments (though i may have missed it) but in Ireland, "Mickey" is slang for male genetalia.

Suddenly the child molestation jokes don't seem so out of place, do they?

LizzySledgeHammer

Dec 4, 2010
I tried Kingdom Hearts, and then promptly threw the controller across the room when Mickey Mouse popped onto screen for more than a minute.
And so, when I saw that the game 'Epic Mickey' was coming out, I avoided the thought of even touching it. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald have always turned me off to any kind of entertainment that Disney provides, so I wouldn't play something where that oversized rat was the star of.
And what with Kingdom hearts? Why is Mickey suddenly EMO?! Don't get me wrong, KH had it's good points, it's just MICKEY.
He creeps me out. O_O
BUT, besides that point, I can understand wonky cameras and game dynamics, and that alone made me grateful I didn't buy the game.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Actually...with Kingdom hearts, I said something about Mickey Mouse I thought I would NEVER say about Mickey. After seeing him go Episode II Yoda on a bunch of Heartless, I found myself saying...

"Remind me never to piss him off. I'm afraid he'll kick my ass!!!"