Zero Punctuation: Fallout 3

Deltamon

Jun 26, 2010
Hah.. It's a sure 100% fact that -every- game reviewer has to, at some point of their review career make the "super short review" joke.. Well, it's a classic after all and kinda hits the nail in this case, Fallout 3 is actually pretty nice game in the end.. Has many flaws tho, but atleast it was fun amd had the correct post-apocalyptic feeling to it..

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
I played fallout 3 through 3 times, it's not the story i like, it's more the gore and setting of the game, biggest downfall tho is the repetetiveness of the game, Same monsters, same enviroments like oblivion syndrome, into a portal kill some stuff in red space.. Repeat... Into a boring cave system, kills some stuff.. Repeat. no super killer boars tho?(iirc)

All the optional stuff in fo3 also just seem very optional and can be skipped all together, my first playthrough i just had 2-3 bobbleheads, and did barely any exploring, just shows what a waste of a big map.

Story is a stinker of fo3, i actually had more fun just talking smack to all the main questgivers then listening to their "story".

I have now almost completed fallout 2, the difficulty of that game in the beginning is very tough and i had to see some guides to get a character that could survive. I played through fallout tactics twice before attempting fo2 for the second time.

The older games are just alot more varied and has more that adult gore'y / sadistic story to follow, no sunshine and rainbow's or little bastard endings.

Hoping New Vegas has more of the old story flava, combat seems more varied to and no supermutants hopefully(yay no more green goblin hordes to shoot)

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
This has always irked me about this review, being the "stalwart hero of the land overwrites societies petty ownership laws" is definitely NOT an Objectivist philosophy. In Objectivism absolutely nothing allows one to unlawfully take possessions from another without their consent, no matter what good things you plan to do with it or however you justify it. What Yahtzee is describing is about as far from Objectivism as one can possibly get.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I'm late to the party... anyways:
I disagree with 02:46 - 02:54, but other than that I very much :)'ed

yaoinut

Dec 17, 2010
The opening to this episode was hilarious. Obviously, episode length shows it will continue, but it's a good way to catch people off guard. Also, loved the nods to Darkman and the Thief series.

Game itself..well, I liked it for the most part. Since I'm not very good at shooters, the VATS system got me pretty far through, when I wasn't legging it from some the faster enemies. Frothed with rage at the ending though.

antman890

Jul 10, 2012
wished yahtzee would do a game of the year edition review. its a bit weirder..... not sure mother zeta is worth losing the special alien gun

Wesley Brannock

Sep 7, 2010
Before I first played Fallout 3 my reaction to someone suggesting that I play the game was like....

My reason for this is that they make the Elder Scrolls games this is a series I detest. So my willingness to try a different game from that Publisher wasn't very high. However I came to realize that this view is somewhat arrogant thus I was convinced to try Fallout 3.

Then to my surprise my reaction to the game was....

This means I have to look at more than just who " makes / publishes " the game.