Zero Punctuation: Fallout 3

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
MolotoK said:
Has Yahtzee ever played the originals?
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

I expected much more of a bashing for FO3 by Yahtzee.
It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....
See, there's a difference between Yatzee and You.
You: Played the original and let it afect your opinion, and therefor found the game to be shit because it wasn't like the old one, there is too many graphics ect.

Yatzee: Either didn't play, like, or let the original affect his opinion, and look at this game by itself, thereby seeing it as good.

Proving Yatzee right: (at the very least, Sometimes) Nostalgia makes you say stupid things.

Um...TE

Jan 23, 2008
What an awful ending to this game. Certainly their are flaws throughout, but nothing as bad as the way it just ends.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I, as much as I hate to say it, think this is probably one of the worst ZP:s ever. many said that the "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"-thing in Spore's review was just a waste of time, but I thought it was fun. The beginning of this review, however, is just skipping as many moments as possible to get the usual length of ~4 minutes complete. And Yahtzee spends a lot more time admiring this instead of bashing.

SpriggsF73

Nov 7, 2008
"I bought FarCry2 yonks ago but every time i sit down to play it something more interesting comes out"... Sooooooo Sonic unleashed was more interesting than FarCry2? Please correct me if severely wrong but Sonic Unleashed/unfinished was apparently so utterly putrid that you couldn't even effectively review it... I trust that you don't care what I have to say nor that I love watching this show however i do think that this particular problem needs to be rectified. Anyway off the negative, love the show, every word of it through out every single episode is true to the word maybe in one or 2 cases a little harsh and in others maybe not pressed enough but hey, you're job, you're life, you're idea. Hope to see lots more great reviews Yahtzee - Live on!

cartooner2008

Dec 18, 2008
SpriggsF73 said:
"I bought FarCry2 yonks ago but every time i sit down to play it something more interesting comes out"... Sooooooo Sonic unleashed was more interesting than FarCry2?
Apperantly yes.

jgrizzle358

Mar 15, 2009
hahaha. it was funny. but u were wrong though. they have mixed real-time with turn based gaming. ever heard of Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII? and in that case, how come u never did a review on the Kingdom Hearts series? that's like a pure gold mine for sumone like u. plenty of things to crack fun at. it would be like a comedic orgasm with giant pinatas that look like boobs and are filled with skittles. :D

Nemo from Utopia

Apr 9, 2009
ironhalo999 said:
donkeybollocks2009 said:
the most shittest game ive ever played in my life its fucking worse than bloody killzone 2 the vat system shit graphics i give u that are good but the rest of the game is pretty crap worse game ive played.
This guy has got it. Fallout 3 more like fall out my ass with its dull and in many regards boring characters who you will develop no sympathy for and just want to shot the fuck out of them and I strongly wish to give the creators the worlds most shit in game map award.

wow your a very angry person...

i love fall out 3 and actually bought the game even though i dont have a PS3 (i have to go to my bf's to play it) only downside is that when i tried to be evil in it...well it doesnt really work. arsey mercenary works fine but psychopath doesnt...i killed a lot of people before i realised i was limiting my trading possibilities and you cant really progress with most of the quests without doing something which might be considered good. plus if you kill everyone theres no one to give you quests...apart from 3 dog who, although he is rather rude about you on the radio still wants to tell you where loads of weapons are in exchange for your help.

i say this is a downside simply becuase it shows up the limitations of the game and not becuase it really means that much to me to be able to kill everyone i meet.

Bobby_Digital

Jun 3, 2009
Ok one thing he forgot to mention was how POOR this game IS because you get to lvl 20 and stop leveling up even if you haven't finished the game yet. I found this a big downfall for the game and threw it out the window.

imkerrusin

Jul 9, 2008
derpa said:
AceDiamond said:
MolotoK said:
Has Yahtzee ever played the originals?
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

I expected much more of a bashing for FO3 by Yahtzee.
It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....
Yet another person who couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't Van Buren. *rolls eyes*

While I disagree with Yahtzee on a few points he does have a point that a lot of it does get monotonous at times, hence why i spend a lot of time picking a direction and exploring. But V.A.T.S. still never gets old.
*eye roll* Someone made a strawman
Perhaps.

Actually, FO3 takes a different approach compared to its predecessors. Also, although I am an avid fan of the sequels, I do agree on the points he made. The environment is monotonous at times, and the characters are stiff. Not to mention Bethseda is notorious for hiring well known celebrities to play characters that are short lived.

Just for the record, no, it's not disappointing, it's quite the opposite. Instead of the traditional birds eye view from the previous games and only able to change the skin color and hair color of your character, your given much more to work with, plus the VATS system actually keeps true to its predecessors. Certain number of points are required for called shots with body parts splattered as an added bonus.

Comparing it to Branston Pickles, well. . . That's easy. He likes Branston Pickles. So obviously, he liked this one despite its flaws.

imkerrusin

Jul 9, 2008
Bobby_Digital said:
Ok one thing he forgot to mention was how POOR this game IS because you get to lvl 20 and stop leveling up even if you haven't finished the game yet. I found this a big downfall for the game and threw it out the window.
I wonder how many gamers said that about WoW when the cap level was 50?

Actually, they increased the level cap with the expansions for it. Not by much, but still, if your looking for a game where you want to cap out to 100, get a Squeenix game. Besides, there's no fun in playing FO3 if your at lvl 100. Then it would be too easy and make the game dull and boring at the same time.