Zero Punctuation: Fallout 3

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Left 4 Dead...yes...that would be...pretty good.

Congrats on your first post being for a worthwhile cause.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Nice review Yahtzee, although a bit shor... nevermind.

I actually had the chance to buy Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: Tactics yesterday in a 3-in-1 pack.

Perhaps I should have bought it...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao, the first part really made me laugh

it sounds interesting, but im not sure its worth the money, because i get bored really easily and if its monotonous then ill probably forget it in about 2 days :p

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Zeldadudes said:
He compared Fable 2 to Fable 1 though... I used to play the original and i was just slightly disappointed when i noticed that Yahtzee didn't even look at its predecessors.
I think he did that because he reviewed the first Fable. I don't think he reviewed the other Fallouts, unless it was before he discovered the glory of YouTube.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
First 20 seconds are worth the price of admission.

Also, if you haven't tried Branston pickle yet, what's wrong with you?
I'm not from Austrailia. So give me (and everyone else not from Austrailia) a break.

Pertaining to the review, I'm assuming that he liked it enough to give it a seal of approval.

Tsuki Tanaka

Sep 3, 2008
sky14kemea said:

it sounds interesting, but im not sure its worth the money, because i get bored really easily and if its monotonous then ill probably forget it in about 2 days :p
Did you like Oblivion?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Tsuki Tanaka said:
sky14kemea said:

Did you like Oblivion?
it was ok, but honestly i never finished it...
*looks at game*
hmm

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
"There's a good reason why noones ever tried mixing realtime and turn based combat..."

wtf, there are a lot of games that try to be in between realtime and turn based. None of them are real great, but people have tried. like Grandia 3.

Anyway, in general I like your reviews.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Goddamnit, once again I'm hamstrung by my worthless isp. Everything is loading except for the video. Chrome, IE and Firefox all proudly display"done" in their respective loading zones, yet all I have is a grey box.

Pretty please, escapist magazine, give us a download link? *I'd switch isps, but I can't afford the contract cancelling fees* :(

psuedopod

Nov 20, 2008
I think there IS a game that mixes the real time and turn based fights fairly ok.. Orphen on the PS2.... fair enough its mostly real time but the fact you cant move makes it feel a bit turn based... anywho just a comment >.<....

impulsecss

Nov 20, 2008
Hi, Yahtzee, long time watcher/first time poster.

Whats with the crack at objectivism? I'm pretty sure objectivism stresses the rights(and, therefore, the material possessions) of the individual. Wasn't Atlas Shrugged about fighting the "looters?" I'm sure that went over everyone else's head, but not mine.

nought_0

Sep 17, 2008
I just shot a man point-blank in the face with the combat shotgun. His head exploded in slow motion; one eyeball flew one way, the other flew the other way and a chunk of jawbone with a few teeth in it landed at my feet.

-That got me laughing so hard I nearly stopped touching myself.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
Loved the review. To whoever recomended Valkyrie Chronicles as a turn based action deally...yea I recommend the demo. When my friend first told me about a turn based action game based loosely on WW2 but populated by japanese 14-15 year olds I had SEVERE doubts.

After playing the demo I checked the interwebs to see if I could DL it ...sadly no. So yea, Valkyrie whatever! Not a bad game, and seemed original.

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Interesting review. Not as much bile and ranting as some other recent reviews, but still a lot of fun to watch. I especially like the comment about people who know guns well enough to know which end makes the loud noise.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Magnetic2 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Argh...conflicting emotions...

No Adverts +1000 xp
Dingy Intro -10xp (cumulative)
Short, Sharp Joke Start: Gain a level
Having one of those bloody crustaceans in there : Go back to start.
*shivers*
Good review, Good nitpicks, Oblique but not intrusive references : Oh get back to the level you were on before I nuked your xp.
End quip : +10xp.

Overall, gain a level and 1000xp.
Hey root, normally I enjoy your post, but whaaat are you talking about?
I tried to play it as if it was a quest for levels. And I hate bloody lobsters :)
You gotta shoot em in the Hea.. er um, face!
+Points funny intro
-Points for failing to mention "naughty nightwear"

FatSquirrel

Nov 20, 2008
impulsecss said:
Hi, Yahtzee, long time watcher/first time poster.

Whats with the crack at objectivism? I'm pretty sure objectivism stresses the rights(and, therefore, the material possessions) of the individual. Wasn't Atlas Shrugged about fighting the "looters?" I'm sure that went over everyone else's head, but not mine.
I found that comment bizzare too, and especially ironic since Rand's philosophy is exactly opposite of what he suggested.

Suggestion: if you are going to attempt to make a hip/witty literary reference, it may help to actually read the material. Maybe Yahtzee was confused into thinking Rand actually designed Bioshock?