Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Okysho said:
lol! It froze at the end. Well there's another game I don't have to be ashamed of not owning
Pick it up on Black Friday, by then they will have a good number of the bugs sorted out. But you noticed how his only criticisms were soda makes you dehydrated (it does) and it crashed. He had more anger when it came to Batman and he said that was one the better games he has picked up.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I get the feeling there's going to be a few hundred people asking, "Did he like it or did he hate it?" before the week is out.
And yeah, those giant flies are insane. Not the bloatflies, mind you; those things are the retarded cousins of the Cazadors (or chest-rapists as I call them, after all the times I've had my torso smashed by their mighty stingers).

TheThirdChild

Feb 16, 2010
That pretty much sums up the game! More bugs in it than an Ant hill!
I?m surprised you didn?t mention the invisible walls that kept fucking my journeys over the mountains!

KindlySpastic

Sep 29, 2010
Heh. I agree on some points. The hardcore mode sadly didn't do anything for the immersion and the iron sights on most of the rifles seemed like someone had filled them with chewing gum.

On the positive side, I think the game managed to capture the feeling of Fallout better than number three did. The Wild Wasteland trait is a nice touch. It will hopefully improve the replay value a lot.

Edit: Also, fucking cazadors. Trying to move over a mountain is hell because they're all over the place and they are suprisingly hard to kill. Whatever creature it was that evolved into the cazador should be annihilated completely. With a blunt stone knife. NOW!

Lt.Sarcasm

Oct 15, 2010
Interesting new way to review, though it lacks a bit of the reveiw part. I still love it~

Entertaining as hell.

CynicalMarcus

Jul 27, 2010
Dear Yahtzee,

Thank you for redeeming The Escapist for the week. We were unfortunately tainted by Moviebob being a complete and total dumbfuck yesterday. For this, I might name one of my children after you. Probably not though.

-Marcus

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
its like he had all of 5 hours to play the game before he posted his umm review.....seems like maybe there should be a part 2 when he has time to platy you know the 60 or so plus hours it takes to get thur the game, bugs not counting on that playtime.

me i got about 120 hours in nv, while it does take a game a good bit to get moving along it is a great game, and a patch due out "soon" for consoles to fix some issues. pc already has 3 patches and a community bug patch fixing many quest issues.

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
I disliked this review, simply because there wasn't much criticism in it. I suppose it's because he's reviewing an expansion pack, which I do not think is very necessary if he has already reviewed the game which has been expanded upon.

Unnecessary review + experimental way to go about it = a sad start to my Wednesday. It's like waiting a week for your favorite Anime, and then finding out that it's just a bunch of filler.

Dr_Cuddles

Sep 20, 2010
My screen froze just as his screen froze.

Made me all sad and stuff.

=(

Nice to see him do something a bit different though.

stardroid

Mar 29, 2010
That was a very interesting review... I personally like Fallout New Vegas...
About bugs... YES that can be annoying, but I haven't found too many(PC version).
Hardcore mode is a very good thing, because it makes you miserable life more harder with ammo weight...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
snowman6251 said:
I like when Yahtzee does these different kind of reviews. Not so much a review but a tale this time around.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it as a sort of "log" of his travels. I say "log" because he'd probably object to calling it what it is, a diary. ;)

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
But...IS IT GOOD !? I guess its alright just like F3.

And its not seawater, but sugar. Yes sugar also dehydrates, albeit slower then salt. As in salty water.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Good review. Liked the variation on it, which is understandable considering FO:NV is basically FO3 with a slightly different skin and some new missions.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Drunkbot said:
This is why I wait for the Game of the Year Edition. Hopefully by then the beta will be over and all the annoying lock ups and glitches will be gone.
Plus you get the inevitable DLC included on the disk.

Anyways, to people asking where the review is he already said that fallout 3 was similar enough that he didn't have to go back and say the same things over again.

Fallout new vegas is a good game if you liked Fallout 3. It improves some mechanics and adds a few more, gives you more weapons and sinks the story back into the popular mythos. What it doesn't do is diverge too heavily from the first installment and that could be either good or bad dependent on what you thought of fallout 3.

WrathOfAchilles

May 20, 2009
Dante Spears said:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?
He said it's the same thing as Fallout 3, hence no need to review. It was a great tale of a stalwart hero making his journey to new bug city.