Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Great review! Especially with "In the Mood" thrown in there. Hearken back to the old days of unlicensed music, eh?

I liked the little day-by-day commentary. Good to change up things a bit.

thepsychogamer

Oct 22, 2008
The international law of fuck you part reminded me of Morrowwind and how killing some one in that game would give you the stuff they where carrying, there house and every thing in it.

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Almost sounded like he was really into it right up until the end, but from everything I've been hearing about the game I'm not too surprised.

I haven't been following any news about the game since it's release. ETA on fixing the game or does it look like this is going to be another Obsidian let down?

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
So umm what did he like it? Honestly this game has no branston pickle in it (to use yatzhees term) which is amazing as I hate branston pickle! Not so keen on the whole gambling aspect of it but divserity is just amazing

BeautyandStupid

Jul 20, 2010
Dante Spears said:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?
he says at the start that he's said everything that needed to be said about it in his fallout 3 review.

"WHY CAN'T I MOVE"

classic.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
So that's how it feels to play Hardcore mode. He makes it to New Vegas and the game frezes. I'm sorry, but that was funny.

juffeee

Sep 4, 2010
I have the 360 version and it works fine. The game is great and has more variety than FO3. Only minus side is that it's using the old FO3 engine but that's only little minus because even that the engine is old it's still great. :)

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
Archonic Energy said:
heh...
loved the choice of music!

do de do de do de do de doody do do
That glenn miller in the mood if anyones intrested! Quite intresting peter sellers had that played at his funeral because he famously hated the song!

warrenEBB

Nov 4, 2008
Great video, very well paced. (laughed hardest at the simple length of the Day one and Day Two title cards. ZP needs more highs and lows. speed wise.).

Nice and short, for the short attention span folks (ie, the entire internet?). many thumbs up.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the problem with hardcore mode is that the eating/drinking/sleeping mechanics are just a variation of using stims to recover HP. The thing that makes it harder is that ammo has weight (but this only applies to gun-focused builds) and that you can't just rush into a hord of supermutants and stim you way out(because stims take time and there are no hordes of supermutants in the Mojave)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Okay Yahtzee, I may regularly disagree with your reviews and opinions and such, but this video proves it- You need to start making Let's Plays. Seriously, I'd watch them.

Please?

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
"The kindly prison storekeeper was nice enough to give away 200 caps out of a strongbox, in a locked room, behind several armed guards"

Gold

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee does let's play? Sounds interesting. Although I'm not sure I can maintain the concentration required to listen to someone talking that fucking fast for the length of an entire game. Christ, if I that was all I wanted, I'd just buy some recording equipment... The only difference being that most of my monologue would consist of 'Bollocks! Where the fuck did that guy come from?'

Michster

Sep 16, 2009
TheThirdChild said:
That pretty much sums up the game! More bugs in it than an Ant hill!
I?m surprised you didn?t mention the invisible walls that kept fucking my journeys over the mountains!
Good point, at least in Oblivion you were able to tell which mountains were climable. In fallout NV it's more like "I wonder if there's an invisible wall here, some indicisive programmer didn't want me to pass."

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Drunkbot said:
This is why I wait for the Game of the Year Edition. Hopefully by then the beta will be over and all the annoying lock ups and glitches will be gone.
Sigh. This is where the gaming industry wants their standards set. Mission accomplished.
How can a buggy-as-fuck half-baked blingfest even be nominated for a Game of the Year title?

This sort of thing really pissed me off with Fallout 3. Please don't let the same thing happen to New Vegas, because it honestly doesn't deserve GotY either.

To be fair; its competition is in the same class (albeit, less buggy) since they're all sequels too.
Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, CoD4 Mark III Black Ops, Starcraft 2.

I miss the days where GotY was given out to fresh experiences, good gameplay, and COMPLETE GAMES rather than what took Gold in the last two years.[/rant]

I do like these "Hands-on Summaries" Yahtzee. Do them a little more often.

ilovedawkins

Jan 13, 2010
In answer to some people here as someone who finished FO3+all DLC and is a good way through NV.

New Vegas is infinitely better than FO 3 there is so much more to do, so much player choice so many more missions, a tangible feeling of difficulty due to very few scaling enemies. Much better dialogue, many more interesting and less poorly thought through cities.

Imho hardcore should be mandatory; auto healing stimpacks trivialise an otherwise fairly well designed limb damage system whereas in hardcore you are punished for getting your limbs crippled. Hardcore is not a ball ache, basically every few hours of play you need to drink sleep and eat, just keep yourself supplied with a bit of food and water 'nd you will be fine.

Unfortunately at current NV is bugged to heck. I've only had 1 freeze the whole time however.

I must stress however that New Vegas is many times better than FO3 and that hardcore mode is actually quite fun.