Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Fzdgrggzdhgsajfdknshvdergg turn off the adverts! I was already part-way through the video when the advert for Fable 3 popped up, took aaages to buffer, then restarted ZP from the beginning. Sort it out!!

OT: Very good Yahtzee, liking the choice of music for day changes!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
syltman said:
Not much of a review... enjoyable anyway
Yahtzee doesn't review games.

I think of him more as an internet game-related comedian.

Milenkov

Aug 16, 2009
Hilarious twist on your other reviews, I always wondered why people never gave me funny looks for drinking out of the toilet in Fallout 3.

H0ncho

Feb 4, 2008
Yes, yahtzee, soda makes you dehydrated. It is due to all the sugar content.

That is all.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Leviathan_ said:
I knew you were going to comment on the bugs.

Nevertheless, I'm getting this game, perhaps the modding community can fix all the cockups
LOL he got me with the bugs seeing as how he didn't mention them riiiiiiight until the end

XD then I just laughed

Good Review overall

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Great review. Reviewing something too similar to a game you've already reviewed would have been too boring to do the normal way.

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
Weird, he always plays kleptomaniacs in sandbox games. And it's especially easy in the Bethesta/Obsidian Fallout games, where there's a million tons of random garbage all around you at all times.

Soooo... I guess I'll try Hardcore mode if I ever get the game. Unfortunately, the feature also sounds like something that I'll turn off 10 hours in.

linkages555

Jan 4, 2008
i was under the impression taht fallout : new vegas was an expansion... no a stand alone game....

CManator

Nov 8, 2010
Aside from the freeze up part, this video made me actually want to play this game, despite not caring much for Fallout 3. Not sure if that was the reaction he was going for though.

Either way, great vid as usual!

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Muhahaha, behold the might of mutated flies! I set out to exterminate them as soon as I got hold of a plasma rifle...
And the soda bit is actually a pretty good point. While it does take water to digest sugar, sodas are in fact composed primarily of water. While they shouldn't alleviate dehydration as much as water, having them add to it is just annoying.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well that was an interesting "review". I liked it alot it was a nice break from the constant caustic critic act that is ZP, not that I don't like that mind you. More "reviews" like these every now and again would be fun.

And as for those people getting put off New Vegas because of Yatzee's review, remember that its his job to tear apart games for any flaws they have. I haven't had that many bugs (beyond the bloatflies and the radscorpions and the mantises and the weird butterfly/moth things...) and I'm still having plenty of fun with it. Some people have had some bad bugs like the the game crashing and freezing, but it doesn't happen to everyone. That being said if you didn't really like Fallout 3 and/or can't really stand bugs, then yeah, you probably won't like New Vegas.

Ahaharevolution

Nov 10, 2010
Both caffeine and sugar are incredibly dehydrating- sugar especially. The amount of water you receive from drinking soda does nothing to replenish the calcium and water you lose when your body forces you to urinate less than an hour after drinking. That's why lemonade doesn't actually hydrate you all that much, and you aren't supposed to drink soda before you go for a run.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
snowman6251 said:
I like when Yahtzee does these different kind of reviews. Not so much a review but a tale this time around.
Agreed. Wolfenstein is still one of the best ZP reviews ever, and this one is also really good.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
Roofstone said:
I giggled at the freezing ending to his life. Though I wanna ask one thing: Hardcore, is it immersive.. Or just a pain in the royal arse?

It makes it more challenging, to be sure. I'm playing Hardcore on Very Hard on PC. Hardcore not only forces you to monitor Sleep, Hunger, and Thirst (in addition to Health and Radiation), but your Companions are no longer 'essential', and if they die, they stay dead this time around. Ammo also has weight, and can really start to add up with heavier 40mm grenades, missiles, Mini-Nukes, and .50MG ammo. Food and Stimpacks no longer heal instantly, but rather over time (+2HP a second for 50 seconds, as opposed to 100 instantly). You also need Doctor's Bags to heal crippled limbs, as opposed to using Stimpacks on them directly like you could in FO3.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
There are three constants in man's life. Death, Taxes, and Bethesda games that will bug out and crash.
you mean obsidian games that will bug out and crash. Bathesda games will be filled with glitches yes...but Obsidian is the king of that...when you play a bathesda game you hope you don't get some geometry conflicts, or a quest breaking...When you play an obsidian game you hope the game just starts.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
"You lazy motherfuckers, what the hell did you need me for?"

If I'd ever use the abbreviation 'lol', this is where I'd use it.