Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaa that was great

Knoxy said:
While the video was funny and it's always nice to change things up a bit, I have to ask: Where was the actual review bit? More in Extra Punctuation maybe?
see Fallout 3 video? loll (think that was his point early on)

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
A travelogue of sorts. How lovely. I enjoy when his reviews are slightly off-kilter.
Having skipped around randomly on this thread, I'm heartened by the lack of "Bawww you briefly mentioned the whole 'game-breaking bugs' thing. You're so mean bawww" as if that didn't get old within a day or so, but I notice a high volume of "wheres teh review this is just a humourous rant" posts.

Guess it comes with getting a large audience all at once. (Remember the MOH Airborne snafu? "DO UR JOB AND STOP H8ING AMERICA!!1!11!1!one" Meanwhile, his "job" is to get hits and those mouth-breathers pretty much bought everyone on the Escapist staff a shiny new Rolex.)

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Haha, Romans in a post-apocalyptic setting? Being the roman-history geek I am I find that quite amusing actually.

But I have never played a Fallout game and despite there being roman wannabes in this I don't think I I will anytime soon. Still, a nice change on the usual review style for ZP. Well done

MK_Red

Aug 2, 2009
Fun video but where was the review!? Goddammit Yahtzee, you owe me one review. Though to be fair, it was a rather fun journal and I'd love to see more of it but come on, all those "bugs" and just 2-3 nods?

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Hader said:
Haha, Romans in a post-apocalyptic setting? Being the roman-history geek I am I find that quite amusing actually.

But I have never played a Fallout game and despite there being roman wannabes in this I don't think I I will anytime soon. Still, a nice change on the usual review style for ZP. Well done

They use proper latin with perfect pronunciation. Here is more on them: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caesar%27s_Legion.

Interesting, they use Latin even? Pretty cool, though I would still beat it into their heads the proper pronunciation of Caesar. :p

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
I beat Fallout New Vegas and playing it again but I still haven't touched hardcore mode... Partly because I can't stand the idea of playing it until the bugs are gone, and party because I already seem to spend too much time on the inventory screen as it is. Also, thinking about eating, sleeping and drinking liquids in real life is hard enough as it is, I don't need more of that in video games...

I wonder if Zero Punctuation was around in the 1990s if Yahtzee after playing Fallout 2 would be like same exact game as Fallout 1!

That said, the video was still entertaining.

KillerRabbit

Jan 3, 2009
Evilsanta said:
Ahhh...The Fallout Crashes...I dont miss them.

Anyways is this game any good? Besides the crashes that happens now and then is the game any good?
I am on my second play through of the game now, and I have only crashed once when I was alt-tabbing from fallout 3 to windows like 20 times in 1 minute due to checking score of a hockey game.

I can't speak for consolse, and I realy don't see a point in why anyone would play this kind of game on a console (?) since PC verision is superb compared to them. But on my Win 7 64bit system everything run fine.

And I completed the game before the patch came out! (And I am still unsure if steam has applied the patch to the game or not?!)

Anyway: This game is well worth buying! 9/10.

MortarTeam

Aug 28, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I hate F3. And yes, i like F1, and F2. But Yahtzee made New Vegas sound like fun (except for the "froze" part) So I'm feeling like playing this game. After a couple patches are released, of course.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
By the way the link is now fixed. it couldn't use the ' sign and that broke it. its fixed now.
Oh don't worry I got it to work eventually. Interesting ideas Caesar employs there. I'd say for the most part I agree with the methods, though some fundamental changes could be beneficial and at the same time, I haven't played the game so I also don't have the best context of it all. But overall still interesting.

Shut_up_Flanders

Mar 24, 2010
I think he liked it even with the bugs. I've lost plenty of hours of my life to Fallout and then have it crash so I can relate.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I love New Vegas, and I love this review.

I knew it was destined for greatness when Yahtzee said he went north. Fucking cazadors. =)

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Hvitedod said:
I hate F3. And yes, i like F1, and F2. But Yahtzee made New Vegas sound like fun (except for the "froze" part) So I'm feeling like playing this game. After a couple patches are released, of course.
FNV really comes closer to the style of the first two games. I enjoyed F3, but this game is much better, and doesn't trivialize the biggest badasses (Super Mutants, Deathclaws and guys in Power Armor) like F3 did.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
First timed I've laughed at a ZP in a looooong time. Good stuff.

I tried heading north at the beginning too, and suffered the same fate. Then I tried avoiding the wasps by going a bit more to the east and got mulched by deathclaws instead. Nasty. Learned my lesson after that.