Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Funny part was I knew it was going to end with something rather silly, and comprehending the character to just freeze up upon seeing New Vegas was enough to make me snicker for a few moments >:3

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
KillerRabbit said:
Evilsanta said:
Ahhh...The Fallout Crashes...I dont miss them.

Anyways is this game any good? Besides the crashes that happens now and then is the game any good?
I am on my second play through of the game now, and I have only crashed once when I was alt-tabbing from fallout 3 to windows like 20 times in 1 minute due to checking score of a hockey game.

I can't speak for consolse, and I realy don't see a point in why anyone would play this kind of game on a console (?) since PC verision is superb compared to them. But on my Win 7 64bit system everything run fine.

And I completed the game before the patch came out! (And I am still unsure if steam has applied the patch to the game or not?!)

Anyway: This game is well worth buying! 9/10.
I don't quite understand what you mean by 'seeing the point' of not playing the game on the pc. Does the pc make the game better? Does it raise the immersion? I woundn't think so.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
It would appear as if we've come to the conclusion that the game is buggy.
Yes, yes it is.
It's also one of the best games of the year and I haven't even done hardcore mode yet.

Sonicdude

Jan 2, 2009
As much as I loved hearing from Yahtzee his experience of playing New Vegas, this is one of those reviews where I am left dissatisfied by the review itself. This is more of "My time playing Fallout New Vegas and disregarding the game" than "What New Vegas has that Fallout 3 doesn't". Or even "Did you know the guys who made Alpha Protocol?"

Ah whatever, I'm expecting too much from Yahtzee at that point. I mean who actually attempts to beat a game once to review it?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
KEM10 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
you're telling him to shop on black friday? are you trying to kill him?
Sonic Doctor said:
No, don't try to fight the hordes on Black Friday. Injuries will happen.
Am I the only one here that has been to a live concert? Black Friday is nothing compared to front row of Gogol Bordello or Rise Against. Hell, I've been to bar shows that have more mayhem in them.
Many years back I was couple rows of people from the front at a POD concert. It was standing room only, I almost got totally knocked down twice, the second time was halfway to the floor.

It was awful, it smelled like somebody around me took a shit in their pants and I could barely hear anything for several days.

It was the first and most likely the last concert I go to. I only went that time because my friends were going and they encouraged me to go because they said a person must experience at least one concert in his life. I actually never listened to POD that much before I went.

I personally would go to a concert again, only if there was a reasonable amount of space for people to move around and people weren't acting like insane people jumping around an pushing people, which most likely ends in somebody getting trampled.

AnonymousBosch

Jan 28, 2009
Entering the Strip worked for me... once. Every time since, it crashes, and corrupts the autosave and the previous save game. Unfortunately, I sent my companions to the Hotel, and can't get them back.

Then, 70 hours in, I reloaded my last save game to discover that items in my inventory are from the DLC, and need to reinstall it to work, with the following message saying it can no longer find my storage device. I figured i'd try the save game before it. Same deal. I went back through the 20 previous saves, happens every time. I figure it takes a special kind of Fail to have a bug that corrupts that many save games.

This game simply isn't ready for release.

Zudarkness

Feb 24, 2010
its really a great game besides the bugs which fucking piss me off. you think after fallout 3 they would of fix the same bugs.... my own review is like this as well... Great game same crabs. Easier to play however and more enjoyable.

Condiments

Jul 8, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
I don't quite understand what you mean by 'seeing the point' of not playing the game on the pc. Does the pc make the game better? Does it raise the immersion? I woundn't think so.
While this game is perfectly playable on consoles, with PC you get all the community mods which include essential bug fixes, gameplay/difficulty enchancements, general additions, and new quests. Basically it extends its value tenfold.

Like this community mod that add in epic sandstorms. Here is an example http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/sappan_2007/falloutNV2010-11-0816-00-08-96.jpg

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Condiments said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
While this game is perfectly playable on consoles, with PC you get all the community mods which include essential bug fixes, gameplay/difficulty enchancements, general additions, and new quests. Basically it extends its value tenfold.

Like this community mod that add in epic sandstorms. Here is an example http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/sappan_2007/falloutNV2010-11-0816-00-08-96.jpg
That does sound a bit nice, but I hate every man, woman and child on the planet so I don't like dealing with online communitys. And I'm too lazy to bother to download mods or make them....so I think I'll just a patched version of the game for the console.

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Dante Spears said:
While good comedic value, where the hell was the review?
In the same place as his 'Review' of Duke Nukem Forever...

It was taking a holiday so he could be HILARIOUS.

0puncfan

Aug 26, 2009
just a quick thing to point out...
caffine - in soda actually does make you more thirsty in real life... JUST so you know...

Loved the review yahtzee! very funny, and it beats the old and stale version of review... you know i do love ur other reviews, but doin the same thing over and over isnt as fun (as you have said in some of your reviews), so it's nice to see you do something different once in a while... :D

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Damn, I was hoping he would review something new and interesting... like Vanquish...
Why does everyone say Vanquish is new or interesting? It's maybe a tad more interesting than Army of Two, but so is paste.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I liked fallout new Vegas honestly, but I did enjoy the his work non the less. (was going to his piece, but then it came to be that's pretty gay. I did just say something about piece and came in the same sentence wow.)

Xsist

Jul 20, 2009
Loved the review and i felt that it where pretty precise to how most people play the game ^^

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Drunkbot said:
This is why I wait for the Game of the Year Edition. Hopefully by then the beta will be over and all the annoying lock ups and glitches will be gone.
Sigh. This is where the gaming industry wants their standards set. Mission accomplished.
How can a buggy-as-fuck half-baked blingfest even be nominated for a Game of the Year title?

This sort of thing really pissed me off with Fallout 3. Please don't let the same thing happen to New Vegas, because it honestly doesn't deserve GotY either.

To be fair; its competition is in the same class (albeit, less buggy) since they're all sequels too.
Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, CoD4 Mark III Black Ops, Starcraft 2.

I miss the days where GotY was given out to fresh experiences, good gameplay, and COMPLETE GAMES rather than what took Gold in the last two years.[/rant]

I do like these "Hands-on Summaries" Yahtzee. Do them a little more often.
so a game regardless of how good can't be a game of the year?

Loxes

Apr 15, 2009
I don't know if it's incredibly necessary to the continued running of the site or not, but I personally found the advert at the beginning extremely annoying.