Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
I had a hard time trying not to laugh so loudly over the randomly placed wobbly accent so I could hear what he was actually saying.

Brilliant work managing to bring something new to every review =)

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
great review, but was that you attempting to replicate some strange accent, or are you suffering from some type of spontaneous brain damage

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Is it just me of is Yahtzee getting a weird accent? I couldn't understand him as well as his previous ones since his voice kindof got higher pitch at random times or something. Though on further reflection, no I'm not the only one and it could possibly be on purpose, but i have no idea.

Oh well, at least now I know why he'll never review LBP :p. Good job, see ya next week.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
BISKING SHERK.

That line did it for me.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that Dan Brown novels are a pile of shit!

Aug 26, 2008
Ahh I've been waiting for him to rip this bugger a new one. I'm surprised he managed to force himself to play that far through because its more than I've ever managed.

dwhee

Feb 28, 2008
You said you wouldn't review this one! Whatever, I guess I was sort of interested in why no one seemed to play it or care. It seems know better than the marketing led me to believe, whereas Farcry for all its lack of plot was one of the prettiest fucking FPS's in existence.

Also, I feel the need to point out that Yahtzee is getting more Australian and less British. Did his accent in this video sound, like REALLY different to anyone else?

EDIT: Ok I'm dumb and don't know my accents as usual something Yahtzee did had comedic value.

Soulx

Jan 3, 2009
Hmm I didn't notice the accent... looks like I'll just have to watch it again.

Tzarrim

Jan 21, 2009
Farcry 2 was a big dissapointment to me, it failed to surprise (apart from it's blandness) as the first one did. This is kinda obvious ofcourse but I expected fireworks and amazing gameplay, all I got was repetitive and uninspiring gameplay.

t3h m3ss1ah

Aug 13, 2008
Aconite333 said:
+10 for Bear Grylls cameo.

Also, did anyone else feel like Yahtzee was reading with a different accent or something?
Someone's on the ball today :p

Anyway, awesome review, one of my favourite, even though I actually liked the game, solid 9 for me. Hilarious as always and loving the subtle accent changes throughout

Dogmeat T Dingo

Sep 4, 2008
For everyone asking, yes the accent was deliberate, he was making fun of how the game used them so stereotypically.

Ibaapzo

Dec 25, 2008
I think Yahtzee produced the video ala South African accent 'cause he knew it would confuse people... and flood the thread with questions as to why.

Sounds like a House episode.

I'm on the fence with this game, myself. It's sub-par, mediocre, and worth thirty bucks, whenever it goes down.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I find the previous demand for this game to be reviewed odd... either way still a funny review.

I had though the plot was thin but that's hardly an original comment given that was common amongst other reviews. I did enoy the overall experience, of course noting the somewhat samey missions but either way good explosive fun.

What I haven't encountered yet is an infamous glitch that removes vital main story characters...