Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Great review. His explanation of what makes a sandbox game (widely varying content with a clear, overarching goal) was spot on. If only more game developers watched Zero Punctuation.

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
Shaves with a machete said:
I didn't understand the whole switch of accent he went through in this review, does he have a head cold? Because that has been going around.
Did anyone actually watch the video? /sigh

He did the accent as a mockery of the cheesy South African accent he mentions is in the game. It's like one of the first jokes in the video. Listen to the part where he talks about if there are super mutants in the game.

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
never once mentioned the AWFUL dialogue

or the constant pains of having to fix you engine as soon as someone leans on it

farcry 2 is a good game but i would have thought these little bits of spunk would have at least been worth a mention

also the accent was funny once then it just started to grate...

Jabbawocky

Sep 3, 2008
Please don't do that accent again, it gave me terrible flashbacks of Keaun Reeves in Dracula. The Power Rangers refrence was gold by the way.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
i agree whole heartedly with this - everything mentioned i have complained about
however he failed to mention that for a decent ammount of money you MUST explore and find collectables and how the whole game has no point since when you're meant to kill said arms dealer he says "oh good you're here, now there isn't much time and i have a job for you" and you are completely unable to go "wait? no just die" you HAVE to help the asshole...and die in the process

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Well the review was funny but... I thought there was something wrong with my ears until I understood that he was talking in a different accent :S

I lmao'd at the zebra joke ^-^

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
What is that in the backround at about 2:10? A person screaming and police sirens?

Anyway. Decent review but not really funny.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I think I failed to catch half of the dialogue because I was bewildered by the constant shift in accent. Still good for a laugh though.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Haha, another great review. Kudos of featuring the first power ranger references and Bear Grylls in this review.

FuckYouDad

Apr 23, 2008
Lord almighty. He almost had half a review in there. Talk about story, check. Talk about graphics, check. Talk about the sandbox elements which doesn't quite add up, check. Go off on a rant on how people created content ruins the media? Ok, sure. You have a point. Aaaand... We're done? Did you like it, do you recommend it? What about controls and AI? I'm just gonna assume they're fine and dandy or do you want me to look at other reviews?

How 'bout for your next video you just say "Sure is a game!". With all the songs and hilarious notes it'll add up to one and a half minute.

And don't bother defending him people, I'll probably be banned by the mods for my name. Seems this is a "PG-13"-forum, in some strange twist of irony.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Ya those accent were all over the place, at one point he was south African, then Australian, I think I might have heard some dutch in there too.