Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

chaos666

Jan 20, 2009
Solid review overall. A lot of the problems I had with this game were addressed. Pity too because I liked the first Far Cry and I liked some of the concepts in this one. However, after awhile I lost of track of what I was doing and the A.I. at times seemed real thick. I liked how weapons can jam just like in real life, but it always happened when i was in the middle of a firefight and the map system was one of the dumbest I've ever seen. A hud display would've been nice, but no lets make the map system so broken it breaks up the game play every 10 seconds because you have to look at the map because you have no clue where you are. Props to the power rangers reference and the accents. Do Gears of War 2 next, please pretty please.

Jan 21, 2009
rated pg said:
Shaves with a machete said:
I didn't understand the whole switch of accent he went through in this review, does he have a head cold? Because that has been going around.
Did anyone actually watch the video? /sigh

He did the accent as a mockery of the cheesy South African accent he mentions is in the game. It's like one of the first jokes in the video. Listen to the part where he talks about if there are super mutants in the game.
Hm, well it isn't like him to carry on a joke that lo- oh yeah the boob people who populate the boob planet...

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Amusement accepted, 98.l9% success rating, approved. Sending Thanks.
Sending...
Thanks Sent. Initiate information download matrix.
Loading Video...
Repeat Matrix Until Memory = 100
Watching...
Aproximate time of completion: 01:46am (8 hours 20 minutes)

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Great video, the change in accent was a great joke. I agree that games do need some sort of storyline and plot, otherwise they can tend to drag on.

Look forward to next weeks.

FuckYouDad

Apr 23, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Nnnnnno. This is definitely not a PG-13 forum. Throwing around words like "****" and "fuck" are absolutely fine, though people will probably think less of you for it. He did mention the AI basically has one goal in mind, and that is to kill you, and only you, but other than that, he really didn't mention it, this is true.
It's an FPS though. The controls are basically always the same.
"If you contact IT at [email protected] and ask for a name change I'll unban you. FuckYouDad is a little too harsh for our site standards. We're kind of a PG-13 site. Keep that in mind when you're posting as well and we're all good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tom"

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
The accent switches completely ruined it for me; I was constantly disorientated, with a sudden urge to slap a certain Mr. Croshaw for stretching a half-decent joke out over the course of 3 fecking minutes.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
FuckYouDad said:
How 'bout for your next video you just say "Sure is a game!". With all the songs and hilarious notes it'll add up to one and a half minute.
Already did that for Fallout 3, albeit before coming back to do it properly... it still counts enough to not bother doing it again.

Can't say I got much funny out of this one, probably something to do with the accent shifting breaking my brain. Or possibly because I don't have any interest in the game. Ah well, next week then.

DDragonfly1990

Jan 14, 2009
Good review I didn't like Farcry 2 and thought it was an annoying game I do agree with how good the enviornments were though. The shifting accent was hilarious as well, between the usual and south-african, I thought it was appropriate to the review.

Mirokunite

Nov 22, 2007
Rockers, and Mods?

Quadrophenia reference? Is Yahtzee a Who fan?

Also good Apocalypse Now allusion at the end.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
the way yahtzee said *to choke a basking shark* is now my favorite line of his!

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
FuckYouDad said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Nnnnnno. This is definitely not a PG-13 forum. Throwing around words like "****" and "fuck" are absolutely fine, though people will probably think less of you for it. He did mention the AI basically has one goal in mind, and that is to kill you, and only you, but other than that, he really didn't mention it, this is true.
It's an FPS though. The controls are basically always the same.
"If you contact IT at [email protected] and ask for a name change I'll unban you. FuckYouDad is a little too harsh for our site standards. We're kind of a PG-13 site. Keep that in mind when you're posting as well and we're all good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tom"
Regardless of anything else, why the do you want your name to be FuckYouDad? Do you always use FuckYouDad as a screename? Or do you have some bizarre reasoning, that it will make you a more feared and venerated voice of reason?