Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I loved this one particularly, the bad guy dropping his laundry and chasing the character with a monster truck.

I liked the accent shifts, but it got rather dull towards the end... like Far Cry 2.

Beacon

Dec 21, 2008
I didn't really find this one funny. The one exception being the part where the rabbit got it's entire body bitten off XD.

Can't wait for Gears of War 2 next week =D

Joreal

May 7, 2008
Glad to hear I saved my $50 for something that was actually fun (Read: 2 Castlevanias for the DS). Then again, I am a bit biased towards Vampire slaughtering over going to Africa to do missions for crazies.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I did not like the accent. The rest of the review was funny and what I have come to expect from ZP. The accent was funny the first time it was used, but unlike other ZP running gags it got tire some. I could not understand what was being said and rewound the review several times to make sure I heard right. IMO Yahtzee should stick to talking clearly and dropping visual gags.

JediDwag

Jan 14, 2009
Good review.

I'm probably about as far as Yahtzee is in the game. I can't play it for more than an hour or two at a time because it's so repetitive. The open world to explore is there, but there really isn't any reason to explore it. It's not like Fallout 3 where you can find useful items or weapons. All you can find in Far Cry 2 are the diamonds you can use to unlock weapons, but you can get more diamonds faster by just doing the repetitive missions.

Eh, I'll probably finish it eventually. Oh, and the every-single-AI-in-the-game-trying-to-kill-you-on-sight-for-no-reason-at-all thing gets really annoying really fast...

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Pyronox said:
Seems like Yahtzee can't really make up his mind on this one. I'll pick it up anyway cause I've been looking for a realistic shooter for a looooooong time now.
This si not a realsitic shooter- you can do mcuh better. If your a Pc gamer then pick up stalker - if your not then i dont know of any on 360.

I loved the accent. Afican seemed to be the only one missing from the game.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Excellent review here - and an automatic win for Zordon reference to give us a little cherished nostalgia and likely inspire a few new avatars. I do think the accent wasn't used to the best effect though, schizophrenically hopping around at the second half of the review.

Lot of good gaming points here - I've been swayed by how utterly pretty FarCry 2, but in my limited experience I agree with the discouraging lack of narrative working for both sides provides. I'll stick with Fallout 3 I believe.

So how many people want to bet on next week being a brief mention of Gears of War 2?

FuckYouDad

Apr 23, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
FuckYouDad said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Nnnnnno. This is definitely not a PG-13 forum. Throwing around words like "****" and "fuck" are absolutely fine, though people will probably think less of you for it. He did mention the AI basically has one goal in mind, and that is to kill you, and only you, but other than that, he really didn't mention it, this is true.
It's an FPS though. The controls are basically always the same.
"If you contact IT at [email protected] and ask for a name change I'll unban you. FuckYouDad is a little too harsh for our site standards. We're kind of a PG-13 site. Keep that in mind when you're posting as well and we're all good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tom"
Regardless of anything else, why the do you want your name to be FuckYouDad? Do you always use FuckYouDad as a screename? Or do you have some bizarre reasoning, that it will make you a more feared and venerated voice of reason?
Not really, I haven't chosen this name anywhere else. I like to spread my names around. It's more a parody of the angry suburban adolescent rebelling against his family. I think it's more fun than "SpagettiPants89".

More importantly, does it matter? Also, do you have any reason for naming yourself "Mousecoloured fox"?

DannyDeparted

Mar 12, 2008
lol in no way shape or form is that accent Australian. Much like that intollerable little boy in the simpsons episode where they go to Australia.
Aussies is Aussies, makes my ears bleed hearing immitations.

(Written to the people who commented he sounded Australian.)

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
This is more of the blurghedy blurgh blurgh that some people said was missing from last week's ZP. It feels more like a review and less like a decent into cheap laughs about body parts.
Indeed - though to be fair, he boldfacedly said in the last review that there wasn't much point in talking about the gameplay since it's the exact same as every other Tomb Raider game.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Good review. I never liked cry engine games, and it would appear that Far Cry 2 would infuriate me even more than the other two.

The accent is mildly annoying and I hope he goes back. I could barely understand him in some parts of the review...

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
My sentiments exactly, although, Yahtzee is a bit more eloquent than I am, and much more talented with the South African accent.

BigbadaBEEF

Jan 5, 2009
Great vid as ever, i loved his blisteringly awfull south african accent

also am i the only person on this forum who actually DOES like Far Cry 2 ?