Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Damn it's like he is working of a hitlist, he mentioned Farcry, Tombraider and Gears in his 2008 review and he is wrapping the year up. Be expecting Gears of war 2 next week.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
good enough but what the hell was the meaning of saying "E" instead of "A" during the whole episode?

DannyDeparted

Mar 12, 2008
*sigh* nobody ever gets the more 'subtle' jokes.
Perhaps next time you would be well advised Ben to just post a big
"I AM PUTTING ON AN ACCENT TO MOCK THE ONES IN THE GAME"
sign down the bottom of the review, as it seems tis the only way that
these jokes actually hit home.

not_tragedi

Dec 24, 2008
I loved it! I mean, where I come from, accents change by the street and how you sound makes a difference in how the people across the street (or the sidewalk) react to you.

Gears of War next? I mean, he already bumped off Tomb Raider. How many more did he miss this past month?

Sucks that we have to wait until December 2nd for God of War III....and Zero Punc review.

Schiggy

Apr 17, 2008
Zordon + "Fuck You Stripey Hooorse" = Win. Loved the accent, am I the only one who could hear the aussie kid of the episode of the simpsons? "Et waz en imergency call from the dreenege commission in spreenfield"

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Loved the review, though I thought the engine Far Cry 2 runs on is called Dunia...I remember there was a feature on it in Game Informer, and that was one of the standout details in it.
Other than that little nitpick, great job.

SadToots

Jan 21, 2009
What the hell is wrong with his voice? It sounds like he had been eating only peanut butter for the past 2 days and had inflated his lips.

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
In this episode, Yahtzee is apparently trying to make us glad he doesn't have an even more inscrutable accent.

DannyDeparted

Mar 12, 2008
lol
Schiggy said:
am I the only one who could hear the aussie kid of the episode of the simpsons?
No ur not the only one, makes my ears bleed listening to that dam kid..Worst immitation ever!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I peuuuursenellii think african accents sound pretty cool, even if I can't always understand them. :)

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Ah Farcry 2, been a long time since I've seen a game with that much potential turn out to be right shit. The combat was solid, vehicles horrifically boring to drive (but again solid enough to get by on) and guns + healing system were pretty and fresh. But all of this was pissed away in a tide of shitty Ai and appalling plot / missions.
Had the game for months now and still not completed it, got around half way through the second area before something more interesting (see: anything) came out and went to play that instead.

Surprised Yahtzee didn't mention the absolutely retarded way in which when you drive through a camp all the happy little inhabitants will jump on their land-rovers, pull up behind you (even if you're driving at full speed) and start gently poking your car, excellent ai right there.