Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
So, yeah, that wavering accent thing was really weird. Also, the re-emergance of the purple dildo. We haven't seen that in awhile.

frozenpnx

Jun 19, 2008
Yahtzee, your change in accent bewilders me and has be concerned for your overall health. I do hope it is simply to bet the bitches off your back about not having an Australian accent, but I do hope you return to the British accent I've grown accustomed to.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
I really, really, DESPERATELY hope that Yahtzee re-records this thing without the nasal-sounding South African accent. Funny. REALLY funny. But it's so hard to understand what he's saying...

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
tooktook said:
mokes310 said:
My sentiments exactly, although, Yahtzee is a bit more eloquent than I am, and much more talented with the South African accent.

My time to Shine! I live in Cape Town South Africa and the accent he was imitating was the Afrikaans accent (The Afrikaans were the white rulers during Apartheid, now the country is 80% black) and he did an awful job. In places it was passable but it really did suck.

Also, it made playing Far Cry 2 that much more painful as the accents in that game are equally bad.
Well, since I'm an American and don't have much experience in the realm of all things South African, I'll have to take your word on it. It still made me chuckle a bit, and yes, the accents in the game could have been done a bit better.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Good boy, Yahtzee. You reviewed the game well, and threw in some humor. You get a cookie.
The shin-kickery will come at a later date.

Dogmans

Jan 21, 2009
This thread has enraged me so much that I just had to register.

frozenpnx said:
Yahtzee, your change in accent bewilders me and has be concerned for your overall health. I do hope it is simply to bet the bitches off your back about not having an Australian accent, but I do hope you return to the British accent I've grown accustomed to.
Either watch the review again, since the humour is is clearly far too complex for you to get on first viewing, or scroll up and read ElTigreNegro's post. Not that difficult...

Nedned

Sep 18, 2008
Yahtzee's starting to sound... australian! Get back to the UK now while there's still a chance before you fully transform, Yahtzee! Noooooooo!

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
i heard many similar things based on the comments on steam, also my mom loved the Bear Gryls reference

(also i rewatched it, saw the credits and now i get it lol ki suck)

VaioStreams

May 7, 2008
i have to agree with him. the open world sand box thing is getting kinda eh. i want a game that was well crafted has a set story and wants to tell me that story. the way proper RPGs and games were back in the PSone and PS2 days. the good ol days.

jvgp100

Oct 31, 2007
Come on people.

It's a game full of people with South African accents. Yahtzee makes a reference to the accent the first time he changes accent.

Make the connection! What it has to do with Australian accents.. or BIRMINGHAM ones(?!) I have no idea. ;)

Do people really think Australian/British/South African accents are interchangeable? They sound nothing at all alike. At all. I suppose if you're not native English speaking it all sounds the same though.

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
VaioStreams said:
i have to agree with him. the open world sand box thing is getting kinda eh. i want a game that was well crafted has a set story and wants to tell me that story. the way proper RPGs and games were back in the PSone and PS2 days. the good ol days.
i agree, i do want a certain amount of customizability, but sandboxes are tiring, infact it makes me wonder why people are making sandboxes anymore? why not more games like
Half-life?!

Danoloto

Sep 10, 2008
Thank you for that review.
I actually have to say I have played and completed Farcry 2, and have enjoyed myself immensly. Not because it was a sandbox open end game of epic proportions, but because it was fun to blow sh*t up all the time. Once I got my hand on the grenade and rocket launcher, I raided almost every outpost just to see bodies flying through the air at an alarming rate.
Everyone his opinion I guess (and Yahtzee's opinions are always the most destructive, because he makes a video out of them). But a very enjoyable video, for a game that has left me with mixed feelings about it's quality.

What I'm wondering though is what the Stephen Fry mention was about.

Anitoon

Jun 18, 2008
That accent...I couldn't tell if you wanted to do a south African accent, British accent, or an Australian accent. I was wondering about what happened to your voice. Nice review a lot better than last weeks. You stuck to the game this time.

Coolspeedzero

Nov 12, 2008
Nice review but the south African accent doesn't work with a Australian accent.
I should know ,im south African
plus i found fry cry 2 very slow in the beginning