Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

ace555

Dec 9, 2008
He's just sour cause South Africa beat the Brits in Rugby, thus the stupid South African accent he tried to copy.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
Hohoho Yatzee's crazy African accent is funny, but the fact that he said "zeabra" instead of the American "zeebra" is also amusing. Zebra :D

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Aside from the annoying accent (not sure what it was supposed to be exactly) it was another great review.

Ormick

Jan 7, 2009
Somehow I knew he would tear it to shreds. You've also been ripping on Michael Atkinson alot lately. Keep it up, put that fucker in his place. By the way, wtf was up with that accent?

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
yea what was that accent i think it could be australian but it could just as easily be brummie or for all i know south african

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Wow, people really don't pay attention to why he used the accent.
Anyway, it seems like everything he touches is pure gold. Since I've never played the game, I went and wiki'd the game, and honestly, Yahtzee's plot synopsis made more sense than the one I found.
I doubt I'll play it any time soon. Awesome review, again. They've become one of the highlights of my week.

jordith01

Jan 21, 2009
Crikey, Yahtzee, is your accent getting thicker? Too much Australian in the water or something? ;)
Seriously, I hope that the whole 'brown is real' trend will end soon... or that games will stop taking place in sprawling gritty warzones and start taking place in colourful comic book metropolises overpopulated by people in even more colourful shoes and jackets to tell you that they're going to try and beat you up.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Yahtzee is never quite as funny when he's not sure whether to like a game or despise it. Reviews of games he loves are a glorious celebration of the game in question and are funny because he berates game designers for not making more games like them (Portal, Saints Row 2). Reviews of games he hates are a hilarious verbal machine-gunning of the game, the game's developers, and their wives, children, and household pets (Sonic Unleashed, Fable 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4). It's when he's caught in the middle that he tends to lose direction.

tsaweeos

Nov 5, 2008
Nice job. Everything said was so true.
This game really didn't feel life far cry at all tbh.

The fist one had levels where you did only one thing which followed up to a story. (Which is what I like.) This was just a stupid sand box game where you run around doing chores.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I liked this one, I thought some of the previous ones didn't focus enough on the game and ranted too much about ideas that had little relevance.

The South African accent was a bit overused though.

Remoline

Jan 21, 2009
I loved the review, i hated teh game. And the aussie accent ontop of your english accent was like nails on a chalkboard for me. >.<

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I was going to comment on his Aussie accent, but it seems I've been beaten to it by 7 full pages of people doing the same.

Instead, I'll express surprise that Far Cry 2 is apparently an open-ended GTA clone.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
gamegod25 said:
Aside from the annoying accent (not sure what it was supposed to be exactly) it was another great review.
Dude, that was South Afrikaan, more specifically an attempt at Boer (pronounced Bhu-ra) by a Brit made famous by Patsy Kensit in Lethal Weapon 2. It made me giggle, alot.

if you haven't seen lethal weapon I recomend it purely for the "bet your blick" line.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
I never thought you were going to get to shit game. I agree though the game, while technically very well built, leaves you with no since of accomplishment. After a while...you will just get bored of it.

No if you will excuse my I have to watch the second half again and try to figure out WHAT THE HELL YOU JUST SAID...

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
nice one... i waited at least 3 months for him to kick this game down the stairs and actually hes realy right... its not a bad game just not a comlete, full and actually finishable one.

oh and why are people keep being suspended for just posting? is their a law against talking first in this site?