Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

hoskie

Dec 14, 2008
Somehow, I missed the news that Stephen Fry was doing the narration for LittleBigPlanet (I don't have a PS3, so I haven't played it yet). News that I might have missed this time around as well had I not gone back to watch the video again; pausing to take in all the text.

... it's really the little things that make ZP so wonderful.

(The Bear Grylls bit in particular made me laugh.)

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
Sad to say Yahtzee hit the game right on the money. Only think I could add is the Enemy seems to take more bullets then you can. They Respawn so fast. In the second zone they are better aims and hit harder too. Gun are very unreliable plus the break almost none stop. The Guns will explode as if you have stuck a gernade into the clip. Finally charging at people only to chop them up with your knife is fun and more effective then the guns. All and all the game was not something worth buying.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
i wonder if its possible if the people who post comments not give exactly how they feel about something "i didnt like far cry" should be the most u people should say. im kindve tired of hearing your opinions graphically announced
i didnt like far cry
oh and i dont wanna hear the if you dont like it dont do it bullshit

Decimator 3000

Dec 10, 2008
This game is great one of my favourite games of all time. Yahtzee is more of a comedian then a reviewer in case you didnt know.

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Pyronox said:
DanTheBigMan said:
Speeedy bannage up there.
Anyway, I liked it.
Never got much into the Cry Engine games, mostly because I'm in the demographic of "Poor Bastard" and can't afford a system/television to adequately handle the eye-bleedingly wonderful graphics.
Good to know the gaming industry, as a whole, is still following the proud tradition of giving us our cake, then watching us choke on it.
It's not the CryEngine btw, they used less than 2% of the CryEngine code.

In fact Crytek had absolutely nothing to do with it, it was all Ubisoft this time.
The base point remains, though.
If I didn't get into Far Cry or Crysis the first time, why would a shitty sequel make me any more enthused about it?

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
blinkgun96 said:
actually now that i think about it, it seemed he took a New Joysy accent
It was not a New Jersey accent. It was a South African accent. To me it didn't sound anything like a New Jersey accent. Try to condense your posts into one next time too

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
It felt he seemed to be forcing his jokes lately (especially with Mirror's Edge) but this one was hilarious in a great way again :> but the accent made my brain crush out of my skull and hide under the table :S

Kuth

Jan 14, 2009
good review, but it seems our dear boy seems to have something in his throat. Not sure whats up wiht htat.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
thing is, Farcry 2 is ALL ABOUT the mapmaker. People have done some really cool shit with it. It's a pretty freakin' nice mapmaker, and really not that hard to learn. As far as the campaign goes, he's totally right - it sucks zebra balls. But I wouldn't write off the community cuz they're "not game designers". Yahtzee is always so proud of himself for ignoring anything that's not the core campaign. But some people dig makers/editors, and tons of people dig multiplayer.

Of course, there's still no excuse for the crappy campaign. The game has plenty of problems... but I bought it for the mapmaker, and I got exactly what I wanted. Ubisoft can only blame themselves - it's gonna go down in history as a niche title, with a small fanbase of mapmaking fanatics. That's not a very good way to make money.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
I think Farcry 2 was a good idea poorly implemented. There were some good things about it (like starting brush fires.... and forgetting to move my jeep) and some bad (ditching my car into a river, and then having to walk three f@^$#!ng miles to find another).

Also, was that a reference to Good Game @ 4.10?

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
one mans south american accent is anothers new jersey at any rate ill try to condese my posts into one dont wrry
scatterbrained i am when it comes to these things ill say something and then oh damn i forgot to...

InsanityWave

Dec 22, 2008
Great review but what happend with the accent it sounded like every few sentences he had a toilet brush shoved down his throat for a bit of cleaning ? One can only wonder what the next will be ^^

Dr Flibble

Apr 24, 2008
The random accent changes were gold. It's also about time someone called Far Cry 2 out and stopped blindy slurping Ubisack.