Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

House25

Dec 3, 2008
sv93 said:
I loved the accent throughout the video, nice. I also got confused by the game though, after a while you have no idea what to do. This is one of his few reviews I agree with.
I'd definitely shoot at a guy who was wearing a Michael Atkinson mask.
O ok, so the acent was supposed to sound different.
I thought I was having trouble hearing.

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Did anyone else get as much of a laugh out of the Bear Grylls reference as I did? That was probably the highlight of the review for me. Well done.

Amisbro

Nov 26, 2008
After having watched all the reviews from the past(Youtube included) I have to say this was arguably the funniest one I've seen yet!

Now I'm by no means a PC gamer or even a PS3 owner but my GOD that was funny! He changed his voice so many times that I had a hard time understanding him on a couple of parts(more so than normal) and still laughed my ass off.

Keep up the good work Mr. Croshaw and hopefully next time we get to see "Rise of the Argonauts" as the review.

Later Days!

klarax

Mar 24, 2008
what teh ehll was the increased accent all about? found it hard to understand. lol. and i only live over the board from England. god help anyone furhter afield !

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
It's astounding how many people didn't get the accent joke, seeing as it was the equivalent of pounding your face with a big hammer, with the words "The Accents are Bad" written on it.

jemborg

Oct 10, 2008
Gah! It was a Sarth Effriken accent, not at all like an Australian accent- I aught to know. And Ben Croshaw sounds more Aussie irl. LOL.

Sorry, I haven't had the time to read all the posts AND I'm late. But Farcry2 has struck me as a bit of a "sleeper" hit. Why? Because folks have been going back for the multiplayer online experience.

Now, Yahtzee made some fair comment about publishers expecting people to make content for this (to cover their ass) and that a lot of it would be shite. Well true, but it doesn't HAVE to be so. The map editor in FarCry2 is a good one and a mate of mine loves it. He is not such a good player but he is a great mapmaker. It seems to be his forte. Incredibility meticulous, rich and detailed he puts a LOT of effort into his maps. And people love his work. Articles he's written on various aspects of multiplayer mapmaking have been accepted for publication.

Ok, Yahtzee only had time to focus on the repetitious single player aspect of the game- and his comments on the multiplayer part reflected on this. But he wasn't fair imo on the idea of having a good map editor as part of the package. Of course many or most will be lame but there are some glittering gems amongst the excrement.

To point the way... see under "UnearthlyWatch" through Xbox Live. Download his maps and enjoy!

EDIT: I'd got the caps in the name wrong- sorry for any inconvenience.

NAL

Jan 25, 2009
Another good instalment of ZP. I guess the accent was fine in context, hopefully it won't be returning though (until another game decides to put one like that in). Something about Far Cry 2 just made me "meh" at any consideration of trying it out. Guess now I've seen this, I won't bother at all.

Keep up the awesome work, Yahtzee.

TaGDiablo

Jan 26, 2009
well i dont look at these reviews as assinments so i found it funny just like everyone else apart from you

Aiwe

Oct 4, 2008
SeaCalMaster said:
So, no leads on the random UC Davis logo?
It usually shows up whenever he says "you see". He used it a lot in the older reviews, but he's not used it for a few months.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
Aiwe said:
SeaCalMaster said:
So, no leads on the random UC Davis logo?
It usually shows up whenever he says "you see". He used it a lot in the older reviews, but he's not used it for a few months.
Wow, I feel thick for having missed that. Thank you.

P.S. Why Davis? That's, like, the third- or fourth-ranked campus. Why not Berkeley or LA?

ElTigreNegro

Jan 17, 2009
Lord Doom said:
So didYahtzee lose his british accent?
If he has been reading this topic, what he might be losing already is his mind and the small faith he could had in the human race.

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
Great review for an ok game. I haven't really played it but still i have seen it enough to say that the explosions in the game rule. xD