Zero Punctuation: Fear 2

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
right, the entire existence of the sequel is for the game developers to have more money, about now I'm sure your conspiracy theorist alarm is buzzing off, but when did fandom have decent rewards? At this point I'd like to point out Sonic the Hedgehog fans have been waiting for a good game for ages just to have their favorite blue pest reduced to little more than a gimmick behind 14 or so other anthropomorphic critters that are only mentioned in there comic series/television series/movie (in the future?), and now is being constantly ripped off by developers other than Sega.
As you can probably tell, I have unresolved anger towards the sonic series and if I ever meet a member of the sonic team in real life I will have to resist the constant urge to rip their head off their gelatinous, fan-neglecting, sequel-making body.

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
PLabrozzi said:
Wow, the world would be better without sequels. But I'm not heading for law or medical school, so bring em on anyway.
A world without Sequels means that portal would not exist because its a spiritual sequel to Naculbar(that correct?)Drop
Made by the same people and everything

and even if that wasnt valid it would still mean no portal2
but would also mean that all the portal fanboys on YouTube will stop hatting me(because i said something dreadful bout', there being no portal2[fucking fanboys :mad:]) and said that there was only going to be an expansion pack for portal and that was all.

oh on that, does the world with no sequels include no expansion packs,(cause if the world wasnt in madness already from there being no portal2)then god yahtzee's mind must be co-owner of a bar run by satin... and satin and yahtzee's mind are smoking pot.

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
Woah!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Did yahtzee just criticize Sudo51's work????
F@#@$!%$!#$!#$!@%#!$@#$!@#!$!@$#!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$
im never watching this shit again!!!!!!

Sepuku_LV

Feb 27, 2009
This is legendary! Sure one of the best reviews Yahtzee made (in my opinion).
LOLed about little girl turning lights on and off :) Superb!

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
Dear The Escapist,

please stop giving ZP total and utter over-priced franshised tripe to review - let him weep with the rest of the grown men who've reviewed FLOWER (that $10 girly art poem from Sony PSN). Let the 'experience' sooth the savage ZP breast.

Flower [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/12/ps3-flower-thatgamecompany.html] in case you've been asleep for a millennia.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i agree with you there. some of them are really good like max payne 2 for exsample. with halo is a different story, it still tells more about the story with few new things in it.
some are really crap, i agree. with fear 2 at least it tells more about the story. they just added new things in to it which i fid good. at least it dint had the same stuff as in the add ons and the same level designe.

i know that every one has different tastes but saying surton things that every has to agree with is in a way wrong.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
See, I can't agree with a world with no sequels.

You see, one of the prime imperatives with any story, no matter how complete in seeming, is the desire to find out what happens next. Without some copout like "and they all lived happily ever after" on every single story (which anyone beyond the age of about five will see right through anyway), the irresistible desire to know what happens next will only lead to one thing.

Fanfiction. A soul destroying, reality warping glut of fanfiction, which will collapse into a super-black-hole of creative nothingness, destroying all that is pure and good forever.

DO YOU WANT THAT!?

grunt-4-life

Jan 8, 2009
world with out sequels?
when and where coz i am there.
fear 1 was crap i found it too easy and how was it scary?
it was as scary as a park full of children...........not scary at all.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
...Huh?

Okay, that does it, Yahtzee. Screaming "FUCKING CLOSURE!" at the top of your voice is NOT why i watch ZP. I originally started watching because hearing (and partially seeing) games getting curb-stomped by cold, British-accented arrogance was tons of fun. If I want to hear angry gamers, i go to Gametrailers and watch AVGN. Really. Please, bring back the good ol' ZP style that made reviews such as Halo 3, The Witcher and Painkiller so funny.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
A great review Yahtzee, really liked the coffee breaks bit. What's wrong with Rome Total War though? It was a great game.