Zero Punctuation: FIFA 13

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I saw the title "FIFA 13" and thought, "No... this can't be all it is." Glad I was right. LOL! Great review, start to finish.

"A tassle on a stripper's tit" will always echo in my head from now on whenever I channel surf and find a soccer match on TV.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Hehe, good one as always!
Sorry, after moving house I'm too tired to make a joke here...

T-Prime

Apr 24, 2008
*Phew* I knew there was something to it. :p Also, good on Yahtzee for "trying" to come back to FIFA 13 throughout the video. Now I just have to remember what this video's actually about whenever I'm bored at my desk and I wanna marathon all the XBLA/PSN/Steam videos.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Yahtzee reviewing Tokyo Jungle? I don't care if he said it was meh, I'm just happy he actually looked at it. Though I guess I should've taken the clue since the thumbnail was of a tiger being nommed on by a raptor.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
I'm disappointed I was expecting Yahtzees review on the crap box factory that is RE 6.......

Oh well hopefully next week.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
Why would Yahtzee review RE6? Haven't there been enough reviews already telling people that the game is crap? I mean come on, what else can he say about the game?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I actually looked forward to Fifa13 review.
One of the few games I've played that he should've reviewed.
And to everyone saying it's just an update... You sure have not played the Fifa10,11,12 or 13 games to know the difference. If you don't care fine by me but saying it's just the same just showes the ignorance.
and ignorance is bliss I know. But don't say anything about something you know nothing about.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
to everyone who came here for fifa 13... you got trolled and thats delightful because fifa is terrible... just terrible

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Yopaz said:
razer17 said:
And to all the hilarious people saying "what else is their to say about a sports game?" Please be quiet. You could say the same thing about any genre "oh, no point reviewing FPS's it's all just shooting guys in the face, what else is their to say" "Why bother reviewing Starcraft 2? It's just moving soldiers from one place to another and watching them fight" etc. etc.

I'm not saying you need to care about football games, but don't mock them when you don't know anything about them.

Edit - I actually found the review really funny, one of the best in a while.
Since you are so wise here, can you explain me what changes there are in Fifa 13 compared to Fifa 12? Yes, all shooter games contain shooting. However from what I can assume about Fifa 13 is that there's some mild tweaks in graphics and maybe some in gameplay, maybe introduce new players (I know one game introduced long retired players as a tribute). However the rules are the same, there are no new maps since all football fields have to be 68x105 meters.

It's popular just like Call of Duty, but just like Call of Duty there's hardly any changes. At least Call of Duty offers a new story with the game.

I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just curious because as I see it Fifa 13 is little more than a game where you play football.
But then comes the question.

Why change it?

I mean it's like trying to me a game about the 24 Hours of Le Mans without any of the cars, drivers or most importantly the track (Circuit de la Sarthe for those heathens who don't know Le Mans).

People who want Fifa want to play football not something else. Why would you then want to change the rules or the field?

Believe me I have a cousin who's a big fan of the Fifa games, and the reason for buying the latest installments are usually improvements in either the physics or the general gameplay.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
First thought: Why would Yahtzee review a sports game? Is this a joke?

Then I watched the video "and thus were proven my powers of clairvoyance."

CAPTCHA: i'm sorry dave

Creepy.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Wow Yahtzee said absolutely nothing negative about Fifa 13. Everything about it was positive. Must be the best game he has ever played

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
MrFalconfly said:
Yopaz said:
Since you are so wise here, can you explain me what changes there are in Fifa 13 compared to Fifa 12? Yes, all shooter games contain shooting. However from what I can assume about Fifa 13 is that there's some mild tweaks in graphics and maybe some in gameplay, maybe introduce new players (I know one game introduced long retired players as a tribute). However the rules are the same, there are no new maps since all football fields have to be 68x105 meters.

It's popular just like Call of Duty, but just like Call of Duty there's hardly any changes. At least Call of Duty offers a new story with the game.

I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just curious because as I see it Fifa 13 is little more than a game where you play football.
But then comes the question.

Why change it?

I mean it's like trying to me a game about the 24 Hours of Le Mans without any of the cars, drivers or most importantly the track (Circuit de la Sarthe for those heathens who don't know Le Mans).

People who want Fifa want to play football not something else. Why would you then want to change the rules or the field?

Believe me I have a cousin who's a big fan of the Fifa games, and the reason for buying the latest installments are usually improvements in either the physics or the general gameplay.
You are completely right, it's a game about playing football and they should do their to uphold that. Not change the rules, not make it unrealistic by adding bullshit. It's for the football fans. That was in fact exactly my point.

People say it's ignorance to claim it doesn't change and this guy even said the same thing could be said about shooters. I don't see a reason to change them, but when someone says it's ignorance to claim they stay the same I want to know what exactly changes.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Yopaz said:
snip (quotes getting a bit longwinded)
But then comes the questions of roster updates, hardware progression, new jerseys, new programming, more realistic physics, better controls, new features (like the new defensive gameplay in FIFA 2013).

Personally I think when it comes to sports games (be they football, motorsports, olympics or whatever) that sort of changes over the ages would warrant a new iteration of the game (a Le Mans 2012 or a FIFA 2013).

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
This is an easy candidate for Top 10 ZPs ever, right along with Wolfenstein, Monkey Island, Duke Nukem (the first one) and the Halo Wars/Unskippable crossover.

jmarquiso

Nov 21, 2009
I really wonder how he compares Mark of the Ninja to his own game, Trilby. I really think he did a great job with it, and hopefully his Extra Punctuation will handle it.