Zero Punctuation: Fuse

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
It's refreshing to see he found something to get his vitriol up again. He'd been far too happy about games for awhile now, and it was starting to lose something. So, thank you Fuse, for bringing some well wanted refreshing chastisement back to everyone's favorite snarker.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
I feel sort of sad for Insomniac. They had an interesting idea with Overwatch, but somewhere along the line that idea was scrapped and exchanged for Fuse. And their recent Ratchet & Clank games haven't been all that great, either.

Let's just hope it's a temporary slump they're in...

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Started off kinda slow this week, but half way through the video I could not stop laughing.
Yeah this was one of those episodes where I couldn't stop giggling to myself. This isn't so much a review of a single game but a review of 20% of modern games and Yahzee seems to be in a good mood this week. He has a happy little voice.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sexy Devil said:
At least that one's colourful and looks like it has some personality.

I get that it's still a co-op game and such, but I'll take it over blandy brown sover-based shooter.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I must applaud Insomniac: even with all the character's heads cut off, somehow they still managed to...

*puts on sunglasses*

... Blow a Fuse
Okay lol, I was and wasn't expecting the link to do that but not so loudly.

But what kills me is that they redesigned Overstrike but Sunset Overdrive is also debuted in a similar design by them as well so why would they keep Sunset that way if someone though Fuse was a better direction to take to market?

Edit:Oh I see after watching the trailers for both EA doesn't seem to have a hand in Sunset Overdrive at all just Microsoft so meanig EA more than likely pushed for the redesign...

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
This makes me sad.
Spyro was the shit! How about bringing that 'lil purple badass back?
While I'm on this nostalgia train, someone gimme some more Crash Bandicoot too!

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I remember watching the first trailer for this game back in 2011. I remember the unique art style and colourful humour. Now all I see is what apperas to be a bland gritty cover based shooter. It's quite sad.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Man, this video cracked me up! That myeh-meyh-meh laugh from Alice: Madness Returns, freaking out over Jericho, and that deep voice for Insomniac (was that used before?) just sold it. Did they ever find Valve's body? And I have that NERF gun!

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Funny if boring.
Also anyone else notice Yatzhee's impression of a dumb Fuse box sounded exactly like the Orc Peon from the Warcraft games? It was a little uncanny.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
A shame they had to dick about with Overstrike then, eh. I was looking forwards to grappling with Izzy.
She seemed quite easy on the eyes.

But not the nuts.

CyberMachinist

Oct 8, 2012
Quiotu said:
Johnson McGee said:
Insomniac, how do you go from Spyro and Ratchet and Clank to... this?
I think it has to do with the directions their two rivals/buddies took. Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch all started from the same era, in the same neighborhood, making the same kind of games with slight differences. Then they all took different directions. Insomniac made a shooter with R&C guns in Resistance, Naughty Dog took Tomb Raider in positive directions for once and made Uncharted, and Sucker Punch somehow made a superhero game that wasn't ass and made inFAMOUS.

Insomniac just didn't see the success the other two were getting, so tried to get it back by pandering to the R&C crowd again. It worked, just not enough for them... Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch found their niche and made bank off of it, and Insomniac wanted to be just as successful. So they tried cheating the system by making games from now on that require up to 4 players to play correctly.

Problem is no one wants to do that... not in a R&C game, and certainly not in a bland shooter. Insomniac insists on staying in a genre they seem to have no fucking clue how to make. And that's sad, because I don't want to see them go under... you almost want to see Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch visit them and have an intervention.
That's a pretty sad analogy, like what happens between three childhood friends that eventually split and meet again decades in the future, only that one hasn't been doing so well and is suffering from some kind of disease.

OT: Well yahtzee pretty much said it all, kind of sad I was really looking forward to this game when i first saw it years ago, then forgot about it due to bad memory and distractions, Such a shame it ended like this, those guns looked like so much fun to use.

80sboy

May 23, 2013
Wow, this was one of the more funnier episodes I've seen from Yahtzee. Nice to see he can still manage to make me laugh even though I've seen so much of his stuff I can practically predict the jokes 2mins in.

Yeah...

:/

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I nearly forgot this game was coming out lol

I'm okay with 4-player co-op games, but it's just hard for me to find 3 blokes who wanna play
on average I've managed to find 1-2 friends to play BL2, but yeah...solo is so boring :[

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I first heard of this game when the Jimquisition mentioned it like last week or the week before, and when he showed a quick clip of what was going to be Overstrike and I got really excited because I thought it LOOKED fantastic, and a rare shooter that I might actually want to play.

But then he mentioned how it was now called Fuse and showed what it looked like now...

...and that made me remember why I don't really play a lot of video games anymore outside of my iPod.

jmarquiso

Nov 21, 2009
From what I understand, the Overstrike was more GI-Joe: A Real American Hero, and FUSE is more GI-Joe: The Rise of Cobra. I would like the former.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
You know, there was a chance that Overstrike could've been as boring to play as this. But at least it would've been fun to look at.

Really fun to look at. on the bright side,t his episode was made, so congrats on being fucking hilarious.

But the worse loss by far was this (posted back in September):

TheNaut131 said:
Can I just sit here and cry about Izzy's design change? Even if she had the same moves, without that fucking coat it's just seems...empty