Zero Punctuation: Fuse

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Started off kinda slow, but towards the end my stomach was hurting from all the laughing.

I guess I should commend you for another well done episode Yahtzee.

DJonos

Jan 28, 2013
Ben

Please do Civilization 5 Brave New World when it is released.
Don't care if you pulverise it. I will still be playing it afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Despite not playing console games (can really only afford my computer, because I work on it), Overstrike looked interesting. Fuse just looks... Fugly.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I don't fully blame Valve for 4-person co-op. I blame the clueless retards trying to cash in on a good idea without grasping what made it good in the first place. So fuck you, EA, and your pack of focus groups, for messing up a game with potential and made it into another dog shit brown cover-based shooter!

Next week, a bile-filled tsunami is coming in regards to the news coming out of E3.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Sad really. The trailer really got me pumped for the game.
LadyRhian said:
Despite not playing console games (can really only afford my computer, because I work on it), Overstrike looked interesting. Fuse just looks... Fugly.

And the game still has that "zany" charm but shifted from classic GI Joe to "GI Joe vs Cobra", and if you really want OS' classic look. Buy Sunset Overdrive instead of complaining so much about the game, or at least watch a playthrough before making judgement.

As quoth someone else on another site who isn't as jaded as we all are...

Sir, me, Doug, and Cyclone have played through almost the entire game together, so we know what we're talking about when we say it's not generic. It's just . . . Well, it's kind of like Dr. McNinja or G.I. Joe in that it has a lot of absurd and fantastical stuff in it, and then addresses it with a completely straight face. This is a universe with mercenary groups building massive underwater bases captained by psychic Russian crack-addicts and giant fighting robots are apparently common and well-known things, and those are just the tame examples. If those things are somehow generic, please, tell me which games in the last ten years have them because I've never heard of them.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
gyrobot said:
Dragonbums said:
Sad really. The trailer really got me pumped for the game.
LadyRhian said:

And the game still has that "zany" charm but shifted from classic GI Joe to "GI Joe vs Cobra", and if you really want OS' classic look. Buy Sunset Overdrive instead of complaining so much about the game, or at least watch a playthrough before making judgement.

As quoth someone else on another site who isn't as jaded as we all are...

Sir, me, Doug, and Cyclone have played through almost the entire game together, so we know what we're talking about when we say it's not generic. It's just . . . Well, it's kind of like Dr. McNinja or G.I. Joe in that it has a lot of absurd and fantastical stuff in it, and then addresses it with a completely straight face. This is a universe with mercenary groups building massive underwater bases captained by psychic Russian crack-addicts and giant fighting robots are apparently common and well-known things, and those are just the tame examples. If those things are somehow generic, please, tell me which games in the last ten years have them because I've never heard of them.
And you know what would've complimented that? A crazy art style to go with it. Which they scrapped to make it look like EVERYTHING ELSE.
Also as far as I'm concerned they focused on the co-op and the shooting rather than the sense of humor when it came to advertising.

Sorry but if you want your game to stand out from the other shooters you have to MAKE it stand out. Don't sit there and blame the consumers for passing it up because it looked like every other CoD clone. They got us hyped with a game that actually looked different, then changed it at the last minute. Telling us to get over it and buy ANOTHER game is quite rude.
I'm not saying Sunset Overdrive is a bad game. I don't want to go off topic by talking about another game.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Well that is the whole point, gameplay matters before the other features. Otherwise we would have been cursing on how Overstrike's trailer made the game looked better than what we got ;p.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I remember watching the original trailer at E3 2011, and it meed me sad that I don't have a PS3.

Guess the universe corrected itself to make me happy, you can all blame me.